Sunday, January 30, 2005

Another Close Call

Lou had another seizure last night. At about four in the morning, I woke up to hear some snorting and scuffling. I had just figured out what was going on, which took a minute, when the sound stopped. I got up and walked over to...I don't remember where it was. Somewhere near the kitchen, I think. Anyways, I walked over there, and nearly tripped over my own cat, who was just sitting there watching it all happen. I saw a dark lump up ahead, touched it, and sure enough, it was Little Lou on her side, on the floor. It looked like she had fallen off of the top of the chair that she loved so much, and onto the concrete, about four feet. But, being in the middle of a seizure, she was unable to land properly. My first thought was, "Oh shit, Lou's dead," so I immediatly woke up my parents. My mom went and took care of her while my dad talked to her and I just stood there. I was still too asleep to do anything.

Lou is perfectly fine now, and she won't shut up. She likes to talk a lot normally, but after a seizure she will have to tell you every single detail. At about six this morning, she was literally chattering, and because of that I couldn't sleep. I'm still in a bitchy mood, especially since my sister wouldn't let me use the computer to study. Hey curling's on. Ooooooooo.

Speaking of tv, yesterday I was channel surfing and I saw Dora the Explorer on Knowledge Network. I had to stop and watch it, since it is my two year old cousin's favourite show and I had never seen it. After watching one episode, I have decided three things. One, I think that Map and Backpack are secretly having an affair. Two, I like the fact that they encourage audience participation, but when Dora and Boots just stare at you for a few seconds without blinking, it's kind of creepy. And three, it's so repeditive. I'm still chanting "Lake, Tunnel, Rainbow!" However, I think that I'm going to enter the contest for one of ten Dora the Explorer prize packs for my cousin. I'm already her favourite because I gave her pretty bracelets for Christmas, so just think of how much she will love me. Materialistic things give people so much pleasure.

And where would I be without my mp3 player? I've only had it for a month, and already I am so dependant on it. My friends say that I listen to weird music. Just because it's not mainstream, doesn't mean that it isn't good. What's wrong with a little German Techno, with some Mike Turner and Kaizer's Orchestra mixed in? Nothing? I didn't think so.

Post a Comment

<< Home