Saturday, February 12, 2005

Shoes!! Oh god, I sound like Siobhan.

I finally got tap shoes! Finally! Not only one, but two pairs! One is identical to the pair that I had before, your classic character tap shoes, and they cost eighty dollars, plus taps, which cost an extra thirty. The other pair, is a pair of oxfords, which are basically the type of shoes that guys wear, and they cost one hundred and fourty dollars, and came with the taps already on. But, we saved ten percent because of some sale, so all together, it only cost my mom two hundred and fourty dollars. I have promised her that I won't complain or ask for new ones for the next five years or longer for obvious reasons.

Today I went to a get-together at Katie's house. Apparently there were supposed to be a lot of people going, but there were only four of us there, including Katie herself. (Katie, Krisha, Sas, and I.) Basically we talked, ate rum balls, which were pretty good considering the fact that I hate rum, ate celery and hummus, watched movie trailers, and danced to obscure music. It was a good little shivoo. I feel so cultured.

For those of you with limited vocabularies, a shivoo is a get-together or party. We found that in Katie's wonderful Australian dictionary back in November. Seriously, it has some pretty...interesting and rather obscure words in there. We were bored that day and we were looking up swear words in her dictionary, even though doing that is really juvenile. It's amazing how many different ways you can fit the word fuck into a sentence, and even more amazing how many times that you can fit the same word into kareoke. Yes we sing kareoke sometimes. Norah Jones just seems so much better with swearing. "I fucking don't know why I fucking didn't come. Why the fuck didn't I come?" That was a good day. I wish that I could laugh like that more often.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Sas, Sus, whatever.

Nobody ever cleared that up for me before.

Sheesh.

11:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home