Saturday, March 12, 2005

Among other things, I think I'm slowly losing the ability to dance.

I danced at Hawthorne Lodge today and it was hell. The dance floor was crappy and the music made my head hurt a lot. The changeroom was full of younger girls that were running and screaming and practicing with their tap shoes on. My head really really hurts and the music that is currently coming out of my sister's laptop is not helping. To top it off, we picked up Garrett so she could see us dance, and so my aunt could have some peace since she is due any day now. Garrett is only two, has a very short attention span, and likes to run even more than I do. Her mom wants to put her into dance in September. She would make a really good dancer. Even if she couldn't get the steps right, she is so energetic and loves any attention she can get. She is like a little mini-me only with curly hair. She loves attention, she loves to dance, she loves to run and she loves bracelets. And she is my own personal groupie. To her, everyone who danced today was Abby. I'm her favourite, because I'm really soft and spoil her and also because Abby is so much easier to to say than Erin. I also talked to Luke today for the first time since last June and he was actually being pleasant and relatively uncocky. He is really tall now so there were a few jokes about how he is tall and I am not, but I pulled the "you may be taller than me, but I'm still older" thing on him (by six weeks) so that was okay. The main thing though, is he doesn't sound like a girl anymore! This is very exciting. Okay, so he never really sounded like a girl, but Little Lukey is growing up. Hee hee, he would kill me if he heard me saying that. Anyways, I screwed up both of my dances today, but I'm going to blame the crappy floor for that, even though it's not true. "I'm a cow, I eat grass..." You know, that song gets stuck in your head really easily. Ahhh, I'm so tired. Hmmmm, I wonder if dad has put the taps on my new shoes yet...

Post a Comment

<< Home