Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dancity dancity dance

Well, today has made up for the dance competition that I had to miss on Wednesday because Erin had school. I was competing in Group Tap, Fourteen Years, Small Group, and we placed first, with a score of eighty-six. The adjudicator was really nice, and every group in the fourteen year old category got something. There were only three groups in the small group category, and everyone got a mark over eighty, so everyone placed. There were four groups in the medium group category, where three placed and the all boys group got an honourable mention. This was a little odd because this is the first time that I haven't seen an all boys group place, just because they were boys. There were four groups in the large group category, and all of them placed, since two groups tied for third. Beckie and Jordan-Leigh (who I didn't even know was still dancing) were in one of the large groups and placed third. Other than the actual dancing and placing, I hate competitions. I hate the extra makeup, the hair, the freaking out the night before because you can't find one of your costume pieces, the overly stressed moms, the overly stressed dance teacher...there's more, but I'm technically not supposed to be on the computer right now, so I won't go into detail.

Anyways, I should go because my mom wants me to help clean the house. I do not believe that this will ever happen. This house has never been clean. It was dirty since we bought it, and we're still renovating, so it's hopeless. But from the arguments that I've had with my parents these last few days, I know better than to argue. The last thing I want is house arrest, with no way of entertaining myself.

Post a Comment

<< Home