Sunday, April 03, 2005

Concrete floors make me want to fall over and die.

Today I went to the 50th annual B.C. Rockhounders Rock and Gem show. My family is big on rocks. My parents have been making jewelery out of stones and silver for years, and Erin and I started getting into it a few years ago. Anyways, last year we were too busy to go so this year, my dad decided he had to make up for it and spent well over one thousand dollars. We got some good stuff though, some nice pieces of lapis, tourmaline and charoite. Also, we saw some people who we haven't seen in a few years, although Muffin the daschund was nowhere to be seen. The show was the same as it always is, with the same people. There's the nice old people who are experts and love what they're doing because they've been doing it for most of their lives, and there's the next generations, the sons and daughters and grandchildren who feel they have a duty to carry on the rockhounding tradition, but aren't really into it, and don't really know what they're doing.

Today I also visited my Grandma Brown-John, but I don't really remember what we were talking about, because I wasn't paying attention. She always tells you the same stories anyways. Grandma Eileen is way more interesting. She also tells you the same stories, but they are always slightly different, plus she can always make them more interesting with a few well-placed swear words.

Anyhoo, tomorrow is Blues Monday, and I'm giving up spending two and a half hours hanging out with Sean and waiting for my dad to pick me up from school to go babysit Garrett. My aunt is even picking me up, even though she doesn't know where Moody Secondary is. AHHH! Speaking of school, that stupid mock trial starts tomorrow. I don't want to be a lawyer! Tomorrow is going to be a shitty day. There's the trial, and watching more of The Patriot in socials, and babysitting an overly-hyper cousin, and having my pathfinder leader after me because I don't want to sell Girl Guide cookies. I hate Mondays.
Blogger تاجر اينترنتي mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

visit me in:

www.etteham.blogspot.com

6:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home