Friday, June 10, 2005

Buses make me claustrophobic.

People at the train station remind me of cattle. You can sit there and yell and honk your horn all you like, but they will still walk infront of the van oblivious. They don't seem to realize that they are each only one hundred fifty or two hundred pounds and collectively we are roughly a tonne and could cause than some serious damage. Some even have the nerve to yell back at you. Bastards.

I am full of pent up anger. I need to be locked in a padded room with a glass of water and a pillow for ten minutes. So many thing in my life aggravate me so much. My eyes hurt.

Tuesday, on the bus, I was bored so I started observing people. This is sort of like OtherSean's (the one who lives in Maine) bus journal, but it's more about what people look like and not what they were talking about. Anyways...

Person sitting across from me, and one seat forward: I thought it was a woman, but on closer inspection, and when he turned his head, I noticed the goatee.

Girl across from Erin: Really bright, purple hair. The lime greeny-yellow strappy shoes with birds on themcontrasted horribly with her fishnets. They weren't even particularly nice fishnets.

Guy sitting in front of person with goatee: Looked a bit like Mr. Imbeau, my metal teacher, except decidedly more aboriginal. Wore a straw cowboy hat with a ratty old feather hanging dejectedly from the hatband.

At this point, I started to count all the people I could see who had gotten a bad dye job on their hair, but quickly lost count.

Girl with fishnets got off and two teenage girls took her place.

Girl now sitting across from Erin: Her toenails were turquoise. She repeatedly kicked off her sandals and put them back on.

Girl next to her: She was rather normal compared to most of the people on the bus. I liked her skirt.

Guy in car: Was staring at the bus driver like he was crazy. For some reason, it made me wonder what was in all of those boxes on his backseat.

Bus driver: Drove like a bat out of Hell. Tried to hit a car that unwisely made a U-turn right in front of the bus. Ran a red light. It reminded me of that band trip to Best.

Guy that looked like Amritt from French class, only taller and older, got on the bus and sat down, looking around self-consciously.

Another guy got on bus. He looked like Riley from metal class. Rode two or three stops and got off. I'm pretty sure his name was Sheldon.

Guy with baby blue jacket: Looked a little bit like Dick, but Erin didn't think so. He had an abnormally large nose, bigger than Katie's, but smaller than Cyrano's from that French movie. He went two stops, then got off. What a waste of money.

Small children were running around unchecked in the middle of Harris Road. Harris Road is a busy street. There were ten or twelve of them altogether.

Erin fell asleep soon after this.

Amritt look-alike moved across the bus and started talking to Imbeau look-alike. They obviously know each other. I couldn't hear them because I was listening to my mp3 player. Imbeau look-alike took off his hat, showed the Amritt look-alike the feather, and put the hat back on.

It took ten minutes to get across the Pitt River bridge. There was an accident that was partially blocking one of the lanes right before the bridge, and the Eastbound counterflow lane was open.

A girl got on near Tim Hortons. I spied a kilt. She's a Carney girl.

A car drove by with a Sikh guy in the backseat. His turban was bright yellow. I thought that was cool.

I poked Erin awake.

We got to Coquitlam Station and got off. I got smacked in the head with the purse of the girl with the turquoise toenails. She didn't apologize.

Waiting for the light to change, I noticed some other people.

First guy waiting for light: He looked like an older, male version of Caylie King. Remember her? His shirt was bright orange.

Other guy at light. Really bad dye job and no neck. Seriously. I mean, I know people with little or no neck, but it looked like his head was being consumed by the rest of his body. The collared jacket didn't help either.

We got to dance relatively okay after that, except that Erin walked into a door that she thought was automated, and it was, but it was less automated than the two more automated doors next to it.

Yes...

That is all.

Post a Comment

<< Home