Monday, June 20, 2005

So what do we do now...collapse?

Today has been very tiring.

It started off with me waking up the same time I do every day, partially because I had things to do and didn't want to sleep in, and partially because my parents were making too much noise and it was really bright in the living room anyways. As soon as my parents left, I had a shower, then got ready to leave, and left for school just before eight thirty. On my way to the bus station I made a detour to Rogers Video and returned Meet The Fockers. The bus was non exciting, but I'll mention more about that later. I got to school just before ten and finished my lantern, but despite my heroic efforts to do a good job, my final mark in the course is only eighty three percent. Damn. I packed up all of the left over projects I had made, except half of my independent study piece, which, no matter where I looked, I couldn't find, in a box and carried it around for the next oh...over six hours. Krisha, I have your carrot. Remind me to give it to you next time I see you. After waiting about half an hour to get all my stuff marked, I left around twelvish, and walked to Starbucks where I bought a frappe and called random people that I knew because I was bored. Afterwards, I walked to Subway, where I bought lunch, and then sat there for almost an hour and for a while just stared at people and ate, then pulled out my journal and started taking notes. Keep in mind that it was hot out and my brain turned to mush on Friday and has not returned to its original non-mush form. Here's what it said:

In Subway, just saw Whitney Sousa. It's been forever. She didn't recognize me. A woman just left wearing Japanese-style dress, which looked very nice, although I have no idea how she could survive the heat, it being at least thirty degrees out and she wearing black. Nothing interesting happened on the bus; an uptight-looking woman wearing a red, summery dress, sat down near me. She had a tattoo of a happy, bouncing Tigger above her right ankle. It really didn't seem to suit her. In Starbucks, the barista admired my purse, and I saw an Asian woman, her shirt tucked in, and her jeans, complete with elastic waistband, pulled up abnormally high. It looked like it hurt. It's really hot out, and I'm bored out of my mind. It almost makes me wish I was at home. No it doesn't. Nevermind. I'm staked out in Subway, not leaving until I find something to do. The woman two booths ahead of me looks familiar. I think her name is Amanda. She works for the city. One of the teachers at Moody Elementary drives a pink car. I can't see Mr. Egelstad's car from here. I wonder if he still works there. I do see both Miss Moffatt's and Mme. Carr's vehicles, Mme. Carr's well-known for the Beautiful British Columbia custom license plate that says MME CAR. A class is returning to Moody from Rocky Point. Does this mean the pool's finally open? I wouldn't know. I don't live there anymore. And there goes another class. Or two. Or three. They seem to be older grades. Holy shit, I didn't know Moody Elementary had that many people these days. Ever since they lost the people in grade's six and seven to middle school back when I was in grade two, they haven't had more than about one hundred fifty people at a time. Wait...I didn't see any of them heading into the school. Maybe they are from Moody Middle. That would make sense. The people at the next booth over keep on staring at me for some odd reason. There is nobody buying sandwiches at the moment. I am going to listen to music if my mp3 player isn't dead yet. The woman who is probably named Amanda and the older woman she was talking to, who looked suspiciously like her mother, just left. The people who were staring at me are also leaving. Listening to Nietzsche by the Dandy Warhols. Some guy just bought a newspaper, then smiled at me. Two guys wearing geeky looking glasses have being talking since before I got here. Man who bought a newspaper just put another one on the counter and left. It's one of those daily ones. My pen is running out ink. I do not have another one. Oh look, it's working again. Ooooo, pink car is leaving. There suddenly seems to be a lot of traffic. Hmmmm...I think I'll go to the mall.

About thirty seconds after writing this, I left Subway and started walking to the bus stop. The two guys wearing glasses were still talking when I left. As I was walking along the street, I man in a white truck honked his horn and waved at me. I didn't get a good look at the person, but have come to the conclusion that it was either Luke's dad, or my uncle. I got on the bas, and made it to the mall, the whole time entertained be a little two year old boy sitting near me, who was sitting on his mother's lap and spitting out random words. On my way into the mall, I made three people's days, when I let them see my bag and touch it. They were so thrilled. People actually think it's an actual watering can. At the mall, I wandered around and...shopped. I bought a bathing suit finally, three guesses as to which colour it is, but I still need to buy another one-piece for when I start swimming on the fourth. I bought some other stuff, but nothing worth mentioning. I also met up with Erin, who bought cheap sandals and two pairs of Capri’s. we browsed for cameras, and I think I know which one I want, but I'm going to buy it next week. We spent a lot of time just wandering around, killing time, because we had nothing better to do. We were thirsty, so I bought us a root beer float from A&W. Afterwards we walked to the library, where I paid off some really old fines and got a new card since I'm not a child anymore and my card was expired anyways. We spent some time there, then walked to White Spot to eat dinner. Mom told us that she would pick us up there and pay the bill. We ate as slowly as we could, but it being Monday, the service was really fast. We phoned mom and she said to order dessert, so we did, but we were already really full. That piece of pie was really hard to eat. The parents picked us up and I was dropped off at pathfinders only an hour late. It was rather disappointing, although I have become used to boring meetings over the past year, but it was nice to see some of those people again. I got my service star, a CD with a slideshow of what we've done over the year (really short because we didn't do anything), and an anklet from Laura, identical to the ones she gave to the other third years. Amber and I have agreed to get together and hang out over the summer. When all that was over I was picked up, and we went to the dance school to wait for Erin to get put of dance. Before we got there however, we stopped at Dairy Queen, where, for the first time ever, I passed up ice cream at Dairy Queen. Don't worry, it was a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. We picked up Erin and came home, where I have been typing almost constantly ever since. Not. Anyways, if I want to get up any time before noon tomorrow, I should probably go to bed, as it is almost twelve thirty. Goodnight.

Post a Comment

<< Home