Sunday, June 19, 2005

This is what happens when I have to spend the whole day with my family. It almost makes you miss school.

Apparently Mikhael's cellphone is possessed and he is afraid to go to bed. Hmmmmmm...not something I would expect from him. Now he is talking about little people who live in cellphones. Wow.

Well, this weekend has been interesting. Yesterday we went to this annual aboriginal celebration, where my dad was a special honoured guest, even though our roots are purely European. I personally went for the smoked salmon. Today was Father's Day, so we spent the day at home. It was pleasant, I guess, but I have become so used to only seeing my family a grand total of about two hours a day, that this extra family contact was a bit overwhelming. Let's see, in no particular order...I put my father in a headlock after he tried to kill me with a handheld sanding machine, watched my father play with a staple gun, then was upset afterwards because he wouldn't let me use it for some odd reason (I do know how to use one; I'm not that dumb), actually ate breakfast for the first time in a while (after being assured by Erin that the pancake I was eating did not have any sort of banana products whatsoever), followed one of that cats around while she spoke to me, watched the bloopers from Meet the Fockers (oh dear, I promised Mr. Brinkman That I wouldn't review any movies over the summer holidays), accompanied my family while they went grocery shopping, and convinced them to buy butter toffee almonds (which were quite good, but didn't last long), ate some sort of lunch, which included sandwiches and celery with cream cheese, lay around in bed for hours pretending to be asleep, but actually not, washed the dishes, listened to Jack the Ripper, by Colin Meloy about eighteen times, wore man-shorts (yes, this is important enough to be mentioned), picked up random costume pieces up off the floor and put them away, spent a while wandering around my backyard, then came inside and played on of my favourite games, Vampire (where you stay inside and pretend that if you go outside into the sunlight, you'll die. I play it all the time when I'm at home and even at school. You people just don't notice), finally got Tony's msn, jumped around...a lot, poked my mom repeatedly until she got mad at me, ate dinner (which included grilled vegetables, halibut steaks, and a cous cous salad), then dessert, which was cake (and as I was bringing it out, I stumbled and nearly smashed it into my dad's face. There was writing that said: "Happy Father's Day," but as time went on, and more pieces of cake went missing, it soon said: "Happy Fat," and eventually just: "Ha Fat."), and FINALLY convinced my parents to let me buy a decent camera. My sister are going camera shopping this week, each for our own. I have a price range, since I don't currently have an income and I want to go to Europe sometime before I graduate. Erin's shall be more expensive because she A.) can afford it, and B.) actually wants one that costs that much. I have become less selfish and more stingy in my old age.

It was so hot out today. It reached almost thirty degrees.

Hey, weren't we supposed to go to Aggasiz and get water from the spring today? Whatever happened to that?

Anyways, I have to go to school tomorrow and finish that damn lantern project if I want to get an A in Ceramics. Afterwards, I will meet my sister at the mall, where we will go camera shopping. Then we shall go out for dinner, and sit around until about eight, when my mom will drop me off at pathfinders, drop my sister off at dance, and pick me up. It's our last meeting. I wasn't planning on going, but I want my ten year service star. Mom and dad will be at some golf tournament all day tomorrow, at least dad will, but mom is joining him for dinner. Therefore, I have to find some way to amuse myself all day in Port Moody/Coquitlam, with only my sister for company, and barely any money. Fun.

Blah, it has for some reason, taken me over two hours to write this. I suppose it was the online camera shopping and the fact that my dad was hovering. Again. I need sleep. Goodnight.

Post a Comment

<< Home