Sunday, July 31, 2005

Cathy: "What!? It's your birthday on Friday, Erin!? Let's take you to the pub and get you drunk!"

I'm still trying to write down the whole trip. It might take a while to get the pictures organized.

I went to see the fireworks last night. I have decided that Sweden was not as good as they were last year. Their timing was off at the beginning, and I'm not sure if I was really crazy about their choice of music. What was even worse, was that the entire beach was singing along to Abba. Ewwww.

I might have appreciated the fireworks more if I hadn't been busy taking pictures of them. I promised a few people I would, plus the novelty of having a camera hasn't quite worn off yet.I took a total of ninety-seven pictures, just over half of them can be seen here. Those are my best ones.

We got there about six hours early, and Erin and I immediately separated from our parents to go find Erin's friends. They had a fairly good spot, in the middle, but back near the logs. At first it was just us, Cathy, Jessica, Curtis, and Deena, but later there were five more, another Jessica, Steph, Laurent, Riki, and Wesley, who decided at the moment he met me, that he wanted to be called Bon Jovi instead. I have decided that I love Erin's friends. Especially Cathy. Haha, good times. I won't go into details because I don't remember any. I sharing a blanket with Cathy and Curtis and being in our imaginary "band," using our bottles of Coke as microphones. Yes, we weren't exactly acting our ages. To my left, Erin was talking to Steph and singing rock songs with Wes. Somewhere in front of me, one of the Jessicas, Riki, Laurent, and Deena were playing card games. I was sharing the blanket with Cathy and Curtis, and later the other Jessica as well, who was sitting on Curtis's lap. Everyone was having fun, talking about work, fireworks, the Jessica who was playing card's wedding date...and also we were fingering and getting pissed off at people who were stepping on our towels without apologizing.

We gave Cathy a ride home. Both of us were high on sugar. Poor Erin was sandwiched between us.

Next week I am planning on going back to take more pictures. Erin has to work, so she probably won't be there, but that won't stop me from getting together with Cathy and maybe some other people. It's not like I have anyone else to go with, though Jeff said he might be there, and so did Adam. We'll see.

Anyways, I hope you all like the pictures, anyone who decides to read this. I have to go build up my strength because I have to babysit my delightful cousins, Garrett and Kendall, for six hours before I go to Faaria's house. My aunt and uncle are moving a few blocks away to a slightly bigger house, and they need all the help they can get. If I am somewhat dead by the time I get to Faaria's, you will know why.
Anonymous Anonymous mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

my sister wears a moustache my brother wears a dress goodness gracious no wonder im a mess!

1:36 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

I'm sorry dear, but other than the present, what does that have to do with anything?

11:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

its a line from the song officer krupke! west side story you know?

10:39 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Yea, but I meant what does it have to do with this particular post? Other than the fact that it sounds like something you would sing when you were drunk...

11:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home