Thursday, July 21, 2005

"Dad, the scary man in the trailer was staring at us."

My day was okay; I went for a run along one of the most boring dikes known to humankind. The only good thing about it, was that dad and I discovered an old abandoned shingle mill, and soon we are going to go back there so I can take pictures. The only other thing we discovered, was a partially decomposed, small animal carcass on the dike, which dad later said was once a bird.

Other than that, I had a fairly unexciting day. I got some mildly upsetting news via email, and dad and I also checked out the museum in Pitt Meadows, which wasn't very interesting. I have basically been reading Kerouac all day.

Next week, my parents are dragging me to Vancouver Island with them for a few days. We are going to Port Hardy for smoked fish and candied salmon. Erin isn't going because she has to work. It's her birthday the Friday after next. She will be nineteen and officially an adult. My parents are excited because they haven't been to a bar in years. I told them to go ahead and leave me alone at home, so I can brag on my blog or something, about how they are getting shitfaced somewhere. I have no life.

I'm sailing the last two weeks of August, hopefully passing my Bronze V. I can't wait. This year I get to learn how to use the spinnaker sail, and sail in a Laser again. The Laser is my favourite boat, slightly bigger than a Byte, but not a two-person boat like the Laser II or the 4-20. The 4-20 is the minivan of sailing. In a Laser I can actually go fast. Plus, I get to see Jeremy again. He is so fucking hilarious. I only wish he had his Blue instructor's license, so he could teach something higher than Whitesail. Apparently Erin and him used to be in a math class together, and argue over whether sailing or rowing was better. Also, his mom makes sushi and sends it with him for lunch, and if you suck up to him, sometimes he gives you a piece.

Speaking of food, dad just said something about dessert, and today we bought four one-person, mini cheesecakes. Goodbye.

Post a Comment

<< Home