Friday, July 01, 2005

O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!


Haha, Canada pride! You have to love this beautiful country, with its same-sex marriage and its non-existant military. Speaking of same-sex marriage, GO SPAIN!!!

Anyways, sorry about that. I'm suffering from lack of non-family human contact again. In fact, my Canada Day has been fairly quiet. This is the first year I haven't spent my Canada Day weekend living in the park and celebrating Golden Spike Days with the rest of the Port Moodyites. I miss waking up to the cannon in the morning, having thousands of people wander around my backyard, listening to the live bands on the main stage, dancing on the main stage, having friends randomly come to my door and ask if I want to go wander around and buy cotton candy with them, while in the background of all this excitement, you can faintly hear, and smell, the petting zoo that is strategically placed outside my bedroom window. We got Lou from that petting zoo seven years ago today as a kitten. Ahhhh, I miss all of it. I wish I could go there, but since we don't live there anymore, we will actually have to look for a parking spot. Haha, it was always fun arguing with the city workers. I will miss the main stage. It was fun listening to Port Moody Idol, and watching little children dance, especially little people from Footloose. What wasn't fun was when Kayla Stewart watched me last year, and all throughout the two dances I performed, she wouldn't stop screaming, "Abby, I love you! You're my hero!" Last year was also interesting because Trooper performed one night. Here for a good time, not a long time... Now I am having a Trooperish sort of moment.

Anyways, Tell me how it went today. I know some of you were there. I feel left out.

Going to a party tomorrow. I have to mention that, or someone will get mad at me. I am also FINALLY buying a camera tomorrow. There were some timing issues, or I would already have one.

I must go now. I can't let dad knock down that rock wall without me. Watch out! I am deadly with an eight pound sledgehammer. Muahahahaha!

Post a Comment

<< Home