Saturday, July 09, 2005

"That's okay, I'm good in the music department. I mean, I've only got eighty-seven hours worth of songs on my computer."

Oh oh oh, Erin, guess what I heard in Starbucks yesterday?

What?

...I don't remember...

That was smooth, Abby.

Shut up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This reminds me of a similar conversation I had with my mother once in Ikea:


You know what it smells like in here?

What does it smell like?

I don't know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, eating lunch with the family. You gotta love it. Other highlights include my mom threatening to throw grapes at me dad for being "cheeky," and me laughing for five solid minutes for a reason that I don't remember anymore.

My mom also told us about the first time my parents met, where my dad drove my mom and a friend of both of theirs back to school after lunch one day, just because he was early for a dentist appointment. My dad claimed that story wasn't true, and instead he had met her in some sleazy bar, which led me to say, "Sleazy bar, my ass!" which, if you think about it, sounds very wrong. Which may have been why I was laughing so hard. I also have Birmingham Ho, by Morten Abel stuck in my head, which probably accounts for something as well...

Post a Comment

<< Home