Thursday, August 04, 2005

Jack FM is finally playing some decent music...finally.

Busy day today.

Dad and I started our daily walk/run later today, at about nine. We were checking out a new trail, and since we didn't know quite how far we were going, I decided I would walk with dad first, then when we turned around, I would run back. However, I didn't end up running today. Dad and I walked about eight kilometres in total, and by the time we had turned around, my knee was burning, probably for forgetting to wear my knee brace during my run yesterday. Anyways, this trail was next to a lake, and we found a nice little beach for swimming. Of course, it was so fucking hot today, that by the time we got back to it, I was ready to throw myself in.

On our way home, we came across an eighty year-old hitchhiker, so we stopped to give him a ride. On our way to central Maple Ridge, he told us about his life, and how he came here from Hungary in 1956 during the revolution there, started up his own business as a carpenter, and is now quite rich. We dropped him off, and went to Subway for lunch, discussing what we are going to do for Erin's birthday. Little did we know that she is working extra hours tomorrow. She just had to complicate things, didn't she?

Ewwwww, Jeff is on msn right now. I should block him; he's so annoying.

Anyways, I don't quite remember what happened after that, except that I was helping dad. We are building a counter for the kitchen, and dad says we will have a kitchen sink any day now. After that...hmmmmm, I guess my bedroom is next on the list.

What else...

I've gotten two postcards in the last two days. One yesterday from Krisha, from Austria, and one today from Cherman, from Hong Kong. I'm expecting many more once school starts, because that was all I asked of people before they left on their respective vacations.

Other than that...my mind seems to have gone blank. Oh well.

Post a Comment

<< Home