Saturday, August 13, 2005

"So, how's your most expensive child?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"How old are you now?"

"Nineteen."

"Eighteen?"

"No, nineteen."

"Christopher Columbus, I was married at that age! Not that I want you to get married at that age, of course."


My grandmother does know real swear words; I just found out today. She actually used the word "damn," which she used while complaining about the Liberal government. Usually she just uses words like "gall" and "corn" to make her point.

Anyways, we visited my dear Grandma Brown-John today, brought her fruit and everything. I don't particularly like visiting my grandmother, because she is boring, and especially because the whole extended care ward in Chilliwack Hospital is dirty and smells like stale urine. The most interesting part of the whole visit happened in that brief conversation above. We all spent the whole time there trying to amuse ourselves: Dad was talking to Grandma about various things, mom was half-heartedly listening to their conversation, Erin was pre-reading one of the textbooks for one of her courses for next semester, and I was staring at my feet and trying to find a comfortable position in which to sit. Finally, Grandma told Dad to leave and take us out for dinner because we looked starving. That one works every time. In reality, we had all eaten a giant ice cream cone each before we entered the hospital, and the look of hunger on our faces was actually fatigue. None of us ever bother to argue.

Tonight we ate at a recently undiscovered sushi place. The food there was quite good, especially the tempura. Last week, the first time we tried out this resteraunt, we just had takeout, so this was the first time that Erin and I had set foot in this place. The food is also somewhat inexpensive.

That is all that is happening in my life today. I am listening to a so called "comedy" show on CTV right now. The current man's voice is quite irritating. Ha, commercial break.

And Siobhan, what is so exciting about him being gay? You did seem excited on your LiveJournal. I mean, I've never talked to him in my life before, and it's not like he is attractive as Krisha said he was. Him being gay is about as exciting as Austin being gay. Talk about a good time...
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Hi, my name is Abigail as well. I go by Abbey.

I love tofu also!

Hi from one Abigail to another! :)

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Well, Megan, I did not write that. It was a rather lengthy quote of my sister's.

And to the other Abigail, hello to you too.

10:06 a.m.  
Blogger Peter mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Nice story.

6:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home