Sunday, August 28, 2005

Two minutes ago.

Erin's phone rings. I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi. We're just in Fort Langley and there is a bit of a delay. We will be there to pick you up in about half an hour."

"Well, that's nice, but you've got the wrong daughter."

"Really? Erin obviously doesn't have her phone."

"No, she charged it yesterday and it's still here."

"Oh, well, she's not answering the canoe and kayak club phone."

"Ummm...well... Should I expect you in about forty-five minutes then?"

"About that."

"Okay. Goodbye."

I hung up.

The weird thing is, although Erin and I sound exactly the same on the phone, Mom has always been able to tell us apart.


In other news, I have suddenly realized that I have no hips. And I forgot to write about Tuesday in my blog. I was so out of it on Tuesday, I barely remember anything that happened that day...

"So, are you feeling better now?"

"Somewhat."

"What exactly was wrong? Did you just have a stomach ache or something?"

"Actually, I haven't been feeling well for a couple of days. And I didn't have a very good night last night."

"Couldn't sleep?"

"No, I was just, you know, throwing up all night."

"Oh, um... So...were you drunk?"

"NO"

"Well, you know, it just sort of sounded like it..."

"Unfortunately I am always surrounded by various family members, I live in Maple Ridge, and therefore I am half an hour away from my friends, so no, I was not drunk."

"Oh. Okay."

Later I told Ana about this conversation with Matt in Big Red, and she smacked him. On Friday, after we gave Matt his presents, he shooed us away from the table he was sitting at, saying, "Go away. I still have to do your report cards. Oh God, I was sooooo drunk last night."

We all passed. I wonder why.

Post a Comment

<< Home