Tuesday, November 29, 2005

11 was a race horse, 22 was 12, 1111 race, 22112...and it's still stuck in my head...

So, the thirty-eighth parliament was dissolved today, which means that there will be an election come January. I think that Rick Mercer says it perfectly...the dissolution of parliament from Martin's point of view. Quite frankly, I am a little worried about this one. Now, my main guess is that the Liberals will be re-elected. In the event that they don't...I might have to shoot myself, or throw myself in front of a train or something. Sure, I don't like Paul Martin, but Stephen Harper as the leader of Canada? That's like a death sentence. One of the first things that Harper wants to do is have a free vote on same-sex marriage. What a waste of time. There is a very slim chance that the same-sex marriage bill with be repealed. Harper secretly wants Canada to join the United States. Besides, would you want a man with eyes that creepy to be Prime Minister? I think not.

I may seem a bit biased here and I am. My whole family has voted NDP ever since the party was created (it's the whole CUPE union thing...you know...). Obviously the NDP and the Conservatives are on the opposite side of the spectrum here. And I acknowledge the fact that the NDP are probably never going to lead the government on a federal level, but if it is a choice between Martin and Harper, I choose Martin. He's a total dumbass, but at least he is not going to sell us out to some major World Powerhouse anytime soon.

In other news, Martino proved to be a bitch once again. She didn't like my cover letter, and insisted that I put "Enclosure; resume" at the bottom, which was totally redundant, because the first fucking sentence of my cover letter started off with, "Please see my accompanying resume in response to..." or something along those lines. She insisted that I HAD to do it her way, "because that is how they do it in BUSINESS." I was resisting the urge to yell, "My mother has a fucking MBA! She was the one who edited my letter last night! What the fuck do you know? You're a fucking PE teacher!" but I didn't, which was probably a good thing. My parents are prepared to send a rather nasty email to her, CC'd to Ms Jensen, if she does anything again.

For maybe the second time since the start of the semester, I do not have any homework, aside from studying for a socials test that I have on Friday. I enjoy these mini brakes once in a while, not that I did much. Dance was crappy because I was all tense from everything that has happened to me on both a mental and emotional level in the past week, and to top it off, I look like shit. I know that I haven't been getting much sleep recently, but I didn't know that it showed so much. Thank goodness for my paperboy cap today.

It is also snowing. I want it to stop. Snow makes my daily commute to and from school even more of a bitch. I'm going to be even more late for choir in the mornings than I usually am, which reminds me, does anyone know when those shows at Inlet on Saturday and Sunday are happening timewise? I can't remember and I can't find that sheet with all of our Christmas performances on it.

My leg is itchy where I was wearing my brace today in dance. I don't want to go to PE tomorrow.

I think I am done here for the night.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Yes. Yes I am.

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Wait...

No I'm not. You didn't even read this post.

6:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home