Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Not purple.

Today's highlight was science. I wasn't allowed to wear my contacts today because we were doing a lab, so I took them out, but there was barely any cleaning solution in my contacts case, so I decided to put a bit of water in them to keep my contacts wet. The first one I nearly filled all the way, and that was okay, but with the second one, I accidentally turned the faucet on too much, and the water splashed up and my contact disappeared. Turns out it fell down the sink. We could still see it, but it was too hard to reach, especially with Ryan Chan trying to poke it with a pencil. Finally Ms Ciolfitto brought over some tweezers and I managed to get it out without damaging it. I put them back in at the beginning of block four, and they were both perfectly fine.

Today was the district championships, the last race of the season. I had a really good race, despite being in a bit of pain because of my knee. I completely ignored it, and kept going, even when it tried to give out on me during the last loop. Other than that I felt really good even though I went for a four point eight kilometer run today in block one during PE. My calves hurt. Our junior girls team (grade ten) did really well today, securing first overall, and winning eight of the ten places. Congratulations to Betty, who placed second, Louise, who placed third, Megan, who placed fourth, Faaria, who placed sixth, Katherine, who placed seventh, Katie, who placed eighth, Tiffany, who placed tenth, and Yours Truly, who placed fifth. Finally I did not get seventh, which is purple. I'm so sick of purple. Green is a nice improvement. I do not know what any of the guys got, because Adam showed up and gave me a ride back to Moody, where I was eventually picked up by my parents.

Yeah, that's it.

Post a Comment

<< Home