Thursday, December 29, 2005

Don't kick me. The only reason why you would be allowed to kick me is if I provoked you, which I didn't. Dad did.

Today we had an IKEA breakfast, which was okay, but not as good as the last time I had it. Nevertheless, we set out afterwards to spend our usual one hundred plus dollars at the store (we fell a little short this time) and took pictures of things that we felt were interesting, like this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Afterwards we visited my cousins and dropped off their presents. Erin and I spent some time playing with Garrett, who I think is slowing down a bit now that she is three, as well as Kendall, who can stand now, but has yet to walk. She does have really pretty eyes though:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tonight my family went to Stanley Park to ride the train and see all the lights. We went because Erin wanted to go and it's been seven or eight years since we last went. We got there around six or six-thirty, but there were so many people wanting to ride the trains that we could only get tickets for the nine-thirty to ten time slot, the last one of the day. Because of this, we also got tickets to the petting zoo/farm thing. Inside the farm ther were a lot of really docile chickens that you could just walk up to and pet. People were having fun talking to the turkey who was wandering around. Erin flashed the turkey (with her camera) and I told her to stop, or else she might have the horny goat after her (seriously, it had four horns). In the reptile/bird room we saw two turtles having turtle sex, which left me wondering what kind of farm these Stanley Park people were running. After we had killed forty minutes there, we wandered around and looked at some of the light displays, then headed back to the van because it had started raining. While there we played a few rousing games of cribbage (Erin actually only played one, then fell asleep beside me) and yelled at the idiots who were parked on either side of us who kept on banging their doors against our vehicle. After a while I convinced everyone to get up, and we walked back to the are with the lights, bought some roasted chestnuts because none of us had ever tried them before, and got into line. Being in the line wasn't too exciting, except that mom tried to choke on a churro and Erin got a small piece of chestnut in her eye and it wouldn't come out. Eventually we got onto a train and got to see all of the lights, which really were quite nice. There was even a Nightmare Before Christmas display, complete with Jack and Zero. On our way out I saw this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It made me happy.

On the way home we listened to the wonderful sound of Jack Johnson, which was happy too, and I guess that brings me up to now.

I am going to bed now. Goodnight.

Post a Comment

<< Home