Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Blogversary to me.

It has been exactly a year since I started this blog. This is my two hundred and seventy-sixth post. I am very proud of myself, just like I was when I completely filled my first journal, which was actually my fifteenth. This blog has seen so many major changes in my life. No sooner did I start it, then my computer was packed away for two weeks. I faithfully posted in my blog after I moved, commenting whenever something important in our renovations happened, such as the completion of the bathroom, so I could stop washing my hair in the laundryroom sink, and the neverending hope that one day, we will get a dishwasher.

At first I was the only one who ever read this blog. I didn't tell my friends about it. This meant that I could post whatever I wanted...mainly some completely depressing posts and some really bad poetry. After a while I started letting people know, and people started reading. This meant that they could get a basic knowledge of my life without me telling them because there really was no telling when I would go into one of my depressive moods.

I used to actually put effort into making my posts sound good. It's sad that I don't do this anymore. For example, look at this excerpt from January 28th, 2005, two days after my beloved ParkHouse was torn down:

My old house was torn down on Wednesday. I ran by it yesterday and had to stop and stare at it for a while. They filled in the hole, and left all of the trees around it. It was weird to not have that old house there anymore, and I couldn't help thinking of how small it was. I suppose that it would have been harder on me if I had actually seen it wrecked or even seen the rubble. I felt oddly calm about it, as if it was some other house that I had just remembered seeing there, and not the house that I had been living in for thirteen and a half years.

Isn't that way better than the crap I write now? And it's not like I had more time on my hands then than I do now. I'm just getting lazier, I guess...

That was a particularly painful entry. I hadn't planned to go for a run to Rocky Point the day before. It just happened...

This blog was there for all my rants. Mostly I ranted about school, my knee and this shithole that I currently live in. It was there for the whole L'environnement fiasco (I'll never forgive that French Bitch), that time I got kicked out of the library for not talking (I still think that that woman was discriminating against me because I was the only Caucasian person there), the whole me being a lawyer during that trial in English, and the time when I couldn't talk for three days straight because I accidentally ate a vinaigrette with kiwi juice in it.

This blog was there when I finally got contacts on April 12, 2005. It's not actually mentioned, but I was very happy that day and the next, when I got to go to school and see how many people didn't notice.

My blog was there when my cousin, Kendall was born and I ranted about how my aunt and uncle always choose stupid names for their children. It was there for the death of my Great-Uncle to liver cancer. He was always such a nice man. It was also there for one more death. My mother's father will get no more mention than this.

This blog also went through a few changes. It started out looking exactly like Katie's blog, then I spent some time playing with the font and colours, and finally a couple months ago, it evolved into what you see now. Not much of a change, but it's better than it was.

This blog got me through the stress of exams last year. Hidden somewhere inside are some helpful study tips and also some ways to temporarily get the thought of exams off your mind to keep at least some of your sanity (listen to The Hives. I'm actually serious).

I think I'm done reminiscing for now. Check back in the next few days because I might have added some stuff.

On to today:

Erin and I decorated our Christmas tree today. Here is a picture of it:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's not a very good picture, I know, but the lighting in this room is crappy. It took us a few hours. It doesn't look too bad, though not as good as it has been in previous years. You can't see our treetop in that picture, but it's a rare Santa treetop, that came with about half a dozen miniature identical Santa ornaments that are all on the tree. We started off decorating it with the multicoloured lights and the antique lights that decpict winter scenes and pointsettias. Then there was the ceremonial placing of the first ornament, which just happened to be the onion. Some other ornaments of mention are the schoolbus, which there are two of, the carrot, the little tiny Santa that is about twenty-five years old, the two pickles, different of course, the red pepper, the carrot, the toaster with matching toast, the frogprince, and the balls with portraits of Erin and I handpainted on them. This is my favourite one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Christmas 1991

This was painted according to a picture of me throwing spaghetti around. There's about a dozen of them in all, about six of them have me painted on them.

We put glass bells on the bottom branches of the tree so that we know when there's cats near the tree.

That's enough about the tree.

An update on my room: It now has a curtain over the window. And it's messy already:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh well.

I think that I'm done here for tonight. Happy blogversary to me.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

No she didn't.

1:46 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

I dunno, some woman.

4:19 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Thank you for the E-Card, Megan, but I have one question: Since when did you drink vodka? I'm confused now.

And yes, I am an athiest, but I celebrate the spirit of the holiday, not the holiday itself. I think we just went over this on msn.

Speaking of food ornaments, I forgot to mention the potato! Oh no! There's also the plums and the strawberry and the corn and the banana! Ahhhhhhhh!

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

And the paear and the watermelon and the pumpkin and the peas! And the copious amounts of candy! You think that our tree was decorated in fruit and nothing else!

11:28 p.m.  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

You know I just love the look of your blog. I am also a fan of Tim Burton, and your blog really reminds me of his work.

I haven't blogged, a lot, as of lately, but your blog is one that I wish I visited more often. Can I add a link on my blog to yours? that would make finding your blog easier for me. LOL, I am not very computor savy, and I really would visit more often if you would be so kind as to let me.

I see you have a link to my blog and I thank you for that, and all the sweet posts that you have left.

I really havent had much time as of lately, but I promise I will take the time to comment, on some of you post ASAP.

Your blog is truly unqie, and your personality really shows. I like that.

Hey by the way, I saw in your profile that you are interested in vegitarianisum. Did you know that I am a vegan?

Anyway, I will be back to comment more very soon.

Beautiful Tree ! Happy Holidays !

I am in the mood to watch "The Night Mare Before Christmas" now!

LOL, AB

4:51 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Haha, I don't think I can take so much flattery in one go. Of course you can add a link to me on your blog. And yay for being a vegan. I could never go that far. I love my cheese too much ;)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Abbey.

10:18 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

As a matter of fact, I'm just about to go for dessert right now.

So there.

6:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home