Monday, December 26, 2005

A man's home is his castle...until the Queen arrives (taken from a pillow at Windsor Castle)

Yesterday was okay.

I managed to drag myself out if bed at around nine despite staying up until one-thirty and having random cats jumping on me all night. Mom and dad had just gotten up and I soon got Erin out of bed, although there was talk from dad of putting Erin's hand in lukewarm water to see what happened. We opened our stockings, where inside there were some random chocolatey things and some lottery tickets (I only won a toonie, damnit). There seemed to be a lot more presents under our tree this year than in any of the last five years or so. I got a lot of clothing this year, a green, corduroy, pea-coat style jacket, a pair of pajamas (yay, Costco), that stretch-knit loungewear set from Costco, a Japanese-style silk shirt (which is really nice, too bad it's a tad bit too small, though it did make me look really skinny),three pairs of socks (somewhat nondescript, but whatever), and a scarf that came from the same store that mom bought Megan's birthday present. Erin got the same scarf and a pair of pajamas also. For some odd reason everyone in my family got their own towels, though that might have been so we stop fighting over whose belong to whom. Mine are a pale greenish yellow. I also got three books, including one by Jack Kerouac, and a complete two-book FarSide archive (again, yay Costco). I got a one-egg sized frying pan (inside family sort of joke, nobody but Erin and I will probably get it). Perhaps one of my favourite presents was the matching chicken earrings and necklace that I got from mom. I saw them at the CircleCraft craft fair (that really high-end one where dad wouldn't let me buy that really cool purse) and kind of fell in love with them, but didn't buy them because I believe the earrings alone cost around eighty-five dollars.

Nobody else got anything really exciting. This wasn't a year for memorable presents, rather I think that we were just trying to make up for last year.

Today we are meeting my grandmother (the other one), my aunt and uncle and my cousins for a post Christmas, buy Chinese food from Hons and eat it sort of dinner. We bought the cousins an outfit each, and we also bought Kendall a stuffed blue zebra.

I have to go now. I'll talk more tomorrow.

Post a Comment

<< Home