Sunday, February 26, 2006

Don't stare at the picture for too long.

I visited my grandmother today, and finally got around to bringing her my latest school picture. I sat on a chair at the foot of her bed, watched the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on CBC and ignored her, while she bragged to anybody who would listen about how beautiful I was. I put the picture in front of last year's, which had gotten wet and had stuck to the glass. I had to rip it off, damaging the bottom of the picture in the process. I should feel bad, but I never liked that picture anyways.

I have finished my Mardi Gras mask, and it looks okay, though I wish that I didn't have to add the blue to it. The eyes look nice, all black and silver. Is it really that shocking that I do not want to put sparkles on it? I hate sparkles. They remind me of when Erin and I used to have to clean the Old Mill Boathouse after weddings. Absolutely horrible to clean up.

I have decided that next weekend will be dedicated to shopping. On either Saturday or Sunday, a rather large group of us are spending the day at Metrotown, where I can connect with my inner Asian, and on the other day, I get to go shopping for all my Tijuana Trip needs, which include last-minute clothing and some crazy glue, because who doesn't need crazy glue every once in a while? Actually I'm just taking some just in case I need to fix the soles on my Shoxs while I'm in Mexico. I plan on doing some running while I'm down there. I will also be buying a decent black dress shirt for choir and other related things, because I've been meaning to get one for quite a while.

I'm actually starting to get excited about my trip. Watch me forget to tell my teachers that I'll be missing school. I'll have so much to catch up on. Two days is too much. Everyone is going away. I just found out that Joel is going to Mexico for two weeks and will be building an orphanage just south of Tijuana. He is leaving the day after I am.

I should finish my planning homework.

Post a Comment

<< Home