Wednesday, February 15, 2006

God says that he’s playing music in Portugal next week.

I feel like dancing, not the kind of dance that I pay money to do, but the kind of dance that I always mean when I say I want to dance. I mean random movement, because random movement makes everything more interesting. If only there could be some random movement in English. I would suggest it to Bergman, but she would probably laugh at me, as she laughs at everything I say. I'm not that funny.

I was late for school today. Dad decided to stay home today, and gave mom and I a ride to the train station, but we missed the train by about ten seconds while trying to buy a ticket for me because my dad wouldn't stop and let us out until I told him that I had seen the train coming, and we had to turn around and sprint halfway across the station. Today I was wearing heels and somewhat low-cut jeans that are a slight bit too big for me. I didn't expect to be running when I got dressed this morning. We called dad to come back so we could sit in the van and stay warm, and we caught the next train, which arrived in Port Moody at eight fifteen. I got off the train and onto the C24, which sat there for almost ten minutes after the train left. I talked to Pepin about English. The bus driver nearly missed the stop down the street from the school, only stopping when about ten students started yelling at him. Pepin and I walked up the hill as fast as we could, only held up when Mr Hill stopped us, so he could direct some traffic. The second bell rang as we were walking up the stairs, and although Pepin made it to class before that new bitch of a teacher closed it and locked it, I didn't because I had to go to my locker which was across the school both from the stairs and my planning classroom to grab my planning binder and put all of my French stuff away. Needless to say, I got shit for being late, even though I blamed it on public transit, which got me rather pissed off for the rest of block one. We were discussing factors that affect your health in planning today, someone said stress, and when Post B asked what sort of things stressed us out at out age, I put up my hand and very sweetly said public transit. She got it. Later when I was on the bus with my mother, I was retelling all of this, and some German guy behind me got really excited at that part.

Today was just weird, with the electives tour and all, and I think that they were just trying to mock us, those of us who are planning on continuing with IB. They make such a big deal over electives, leaving us to wonder, 'What electives?' 'What are these electives you speak of?' The whole tour took five minutes, giving everybody from grades nine to eleven an hour to hang out with each other, with the exception of Krisha, who decided to be different by sleeping in until eleven and missing out on everything. On top of that, I also had my block off, where I hang out with many of the same people that I was with during first block two. In jewelry today, Imbeau was teaching us how to silver solder on copper and he accidentally spilled flux on me. I was wearing my new blazer. Flux is mildly acidic. I was not happy. The verb exercise in French was pathetic. I did horribly on it.

I took the bus with Yuan today, I can't remember what we talked about. I got off in Pitt Meadows and stopped in at Subway for dinner. Then I met my mother at my doctor's office to receive my second Twinrix vaccination, this time administered by my own doctor, Dr Luitingh, who I finally met for the first time today, and not Dr Dodds, who gave us our vaccinations last time.

When I got home, I actually did my French homework. I feel so on-top-of-it. I feel like dancing again.

Post a Comment

<< Home