Friday, March 24, 2006

Mexico Travel Journal: March 12th

Sunday, March 12, 2006

7:50am
Slept with Amy and Anny last night, was really squished and got beaten up every five minutes by Anny because she does that in her sleep. Currently sitting at a table outside with Amy, KJ just joined us. Talking about people on the trip and random guys…and teeth whitening…Eating a breakfast of granola bar, muffin and juice. Amy was just trying to change her shirt inside her sweatshirt, but kept on getting interrupted by random guys walking by on their way to the bathroom. Just to piss her off, I waved and cheerily said hello to every single one that walked by. Breakfast over, going to get ready for Ensenada now.

2:57pm
Went to La Bufadora. Got my hair braided, got a custom bracelet made and bought ice cream. Nice and sunny and hot today. Current random thought, Jeff should get his hair braided. We are about to leave now and will be heading back to Ensenada. I wish that I had bought churros. They looked so good. I was kind of turned off though, by the men who were attacking me with churro samples held by tongs. So nice here, I want to come back sometime. I hope that we stop at that lookout place again on the way back, the ghetto playground was awesome. Amy is taking pictures of herself in her new hat. She said that she’s wanted a cowboy hat ever since she was three. Having so much fun today.

It actually did hurt.
Getting my hair braided. Looking so 80's it hurts.

Really hurt.

Well, not really.

Actually, it didn't really hurt much at all.

I mean, I'm a dancer.  I can take it.

See?  I'm smiling.
The finished product. I didn't like it that much, but it meant that I didn't have to wash my hair for a few days.

It was really uncomfortable
The ghetto swing.

If I had fallen off of the wall, it would have been a 30 metre drop to the bottom of the cliff.
The lookout.

4:25pm
Bangtastic – KJ’s necklace got bitchslapped with money.

4:28pm
Ghetto Car. Can you say Air Care?

9:45pm
Went to Ensenada, was fun. We made Sergio come with us because we didn’t want to order any food without him. We wandered around, most people didn’t buy anything, and Anny got her hair partially braided. Bumped into a bunch of people, including Jeff, who got his hair braided because of peer pressure. Took pictures of him. Ate dinner at the worst Mexican/Italian place ever, Sergio fell apart, it was funny; we thought he was going to cry. We dropped Anny, Amy and Kyle off for margaritas, I didn’t drink on the trip because my mom was there, and the rest of us went for ice cream. I tried Amy’s margarita when we got back and it was the worst margarita that I have ever tasted. We then momentarily lost KJ, but found her again. Everyone met by the giant flagpole and got on the bus. Watched part of a movie on the way back, about the civil war in El Salvador. It was really good. Lights going off now because we have to be up early tomorrow for the flag ceremony. More tomorrow.

It was HUGE
The big-assed flag in Ensenada.

Ewwwwwwww.
In a storefront. I didn't have time to see if it was real.

WTF?
Movie Star Shit, I didn't get it either.

The cutest picture ever.
Anny with her hair braided.

Sergio didn't get it.
This was hilarious.

I still don't know why the owner wanted a picture.
The worst restaurant ever, except for that Chinese one in Metrotown.

Stole this one off of the other Jeff.
Jeff with his hair braided. He only agreed to it because everyone else he was with at the time offered to pay. The other Jeff says that it it "the best dollar that I have ever spent."

Post a Comment

<< Home