Friday, April 21, 2006

Only he or she who strives to attempt the ridiculous can achieve the impossible

I just arrived home from the conference and I was right. I did enjoy today. I spent the day hanging out with Erin, Alexis, Ellis and Robert, and Aaria, Omar, Safia and Pepin were there as well. It was amazing. For the first time in who knows how long, I can finally say that I am empowered. The speakers today, they really touched me. I am empowered. I am empowered, and I have plans for next year. Aaria has already agreed to help me.

This morning started off with a key-note speaker, Roy Henry Vickers. He gave a speech on his life, and tolerance to other races, because we are all connected. Afterwards we saw Lesra Martin again; this time we got to watch the documentary on his life, which provided more information on his family and his current life than The Hurricane did. After a lunch of various different salads, we went to our afternoon session, passing through the mini book fair, where I ran into Peachy, the teacher who organized the Mexico trip last month. The speaker was Renée Hodgkinson, who works with Craig Kielburger for Free The Children and Leaders Today, and she spoke about making a difference as a youth, having a goal and sticking to it.

I have a plan for next year. Just you wait.

Post a Comment

<< Home