Saturday, April 29, 2006

Somebody remind me to talk to SUS later

Today was actually rather busy for me. I got up before anyone else this morning, quite rare for me, and made myself a fried egg and tomato sandwich, also quite rare, as I am usually not that coordinated in the morning.

A few hours later we left for Vancouver to the Opus Warehouse Sale, where we picked up a few things: a ton of those really nice black sketchbooks, some charcoal, some acrylics for my grandmother, a new journal for me because my current one is nearly full, an assortment of frames, including five large ones so we can frame our posters, a wooden bendable hand, and my personal favourite, a Van Gogh action figure complete with mini box of paints and paintbrushes, mini easel, and mini half-finished what I believe might be The Harvest. Unfortunately, he still has both of his ears. There was more, but I do not remember what else we bought. We paid for our purchases, then headed out to our van. My dad was loading stuff into the back, and I was innocently holding the giant frames nearby so he could grab them, when all of a sudden, I heard a loud shriek, and I turned around to see my sister lying face down on the ground with a box full of art supplies underneath her; she had just fallen out of the van. At first the only thing running through my mind was, 'Oh my god, Erin fell out of the van, I hope she's not dead,' but soon that turned to, 'Oh my god, Erin fell out of the van, that's effing hilarious.' She was alright, and secretly I think my parents were slightly more concerned about the art supplies than my sister.

We left for the closest Costco. It was very busy, it being a Saturday afternoon, and there were a lot of free samples. I do not know what is wrong with the Costcos in PoCo and Burnaby, but the free samples at this Costco were twice as big. By the time we left, we seemed to have an abundance of curry. Dad ran over Erin's foot with the shopping cart, then remarked that it was Beat Up Erin Day. We continued onwards.

We ended up at the new Thrifty Foods. Nobody prepared me for the giant shopping cart out front and I was scared shitless. The nice lady at the entrance gave me a sticker and I was happy. There were numerous free samples in Thrifty's, including cake and cheese. We bought things just for the sake of buying them, and I think that we are going to have a chocolate fondue soon.

Talking to Mikhael on the phone right now.

Anyways, we went to the apartment and ate dinner, then I started reading The Great Gatsby, then fell asleep on the couch until we left, then fell asleep on the way home. Now I am trying to type one-handed.

Going to go now.

Edit: Iss Mao Baby's birthday. Forgot to mention.
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

I'm assuming you mean Thrifty's?

9:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home