Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Snaggle-tooth Vigilance

I cannot remember what I did yesterday, only that it passed by in a whirlwind of computer solitaire and really bad singing.

I got to school at quarter to eight today, almost four hours early for my report card. After everyone left for their science provincial, I met up with Betty, Beckie and Audrey, and while Beckie did her nails, Audrey and I walked to Starbucks because I was hungry, then came back, where Beckie and I talked about dance, Betty did her harmony homework and Audrey read the comments in my yearbook until people finished their provincial. Many people complimented me, first my shoes, the orange heels, then my skirt, the one that cost me fifty cents, then my purse, the watering can. I was feeling stylish today. Got my report card, bitched about it for a while, stupid French, then had lunch with my dad. We went to Centennial, where I helped him organize the lost and found stuff. There is something oddly satisfying about rifling through old clothing, though this year that wasn't anything interesting. I also went through the various purses and things, helping to identify them, and if we couldn't, going through them and salvaging what we could. There was a makeup bag, really nice bag, but we had to dispose of all of the makeup, which was sad, because it was full. I kept the bag though. I also have two Asian pencil cases, because I'm that cool, and one of them is complete Engrish. I also got a free iPod today. Not sure if I am ever going to use it, because of my whole hating anything remotely iPodish, but it was free, and I've been suffering without an mp3 player for almost six months now. It came with everything except the USB cable. I also now have a fake Louis Vitton traveling case for my contacts, even though the blue one I bought from Costco for five dollars works perfectly fine as well. There were a few more things I picked up, but I can't remember them offhand. There were about seven people whose wallets we were able to identify, and that is happy.

I am now listening to Arlo Guthrie, because I realized upon coming home that there is only one song by The Doors on my computer. I couldn't find any of their CDs, and our record player was packed away when we moved and I haven't seen it for eighteen months, so I can't listen to them on vinyl either. I did find the Arlo Guthrie though, so I ripped it to my computer, and during that time I wondered why we have so many albums that are exactly the same, one on vinyl and one on CD, when quite obviously, vinyl is better. It's one of those mysteries of life that everyone hears about, but never choose to investigate.

My throat is still sore. It has been two days.

Post a Comment

<< Home