Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fire-Retardant Pile Driver

I didn't do any sailing today. Instead I spent my morning with Greg and Paula reorganizing the boat bay and workbench, then sweeping the stairs, and partially cleaning the upstairs bathrooms and kitchen, things that I used to get paid to do, back in the day. After we were done that, Brent didn't have any more tasks for us, something unheard of with Brent, so we ate our lunches upstairs; Alexis joined us. Soon afterwards we migrated to Pajo's, then back again to the Boathouse. Alexis and Tristan left with the Whitesailors, and the three of us went upstairs with the Juniors to watch Finding Nemo. By then I was falling asleep, and after the movie we went out onto the balcony and joined Garrett and Falacci, and I had to hold onto the railing and wedge myself in between two people to keep myself from falling over. We went back downstairs and ate Garrett's fries, then Falacci, Sam, Paula and I, and later Greg, went upstairs again into the kitchen, went through all of the cupboards until we found the salt, and put salt into Max's four litres of iced tea. We were that bored. We went downstairs yet again, sat on Brent's truck,, and watched him pour cold water on his feet. He has twenty-three mosquito bites on his right foot alone. Eventually the sailors started arriving with the boats and we hosed them down and washed them. I soon left with Mikhael and we took the train and 701 to my house. My parents took us out for Chinese, then took Mikhael most of the way home. We stopped at London Drugs, where I bought a dock for my iPod. I have since partially charged it and seen what's on it; whomever owned it last had a pretty good taste in music. We stopped at Erin's apartment for dessert, a fruit flan with kiwis on it. I was upset. I ate a small piece of it anyways, and only had a very small reaction to it.

Tomorrow is our first day trip, provided it doesn't rain. Should be fun.

I think I sprained my toe today. Looks like I can't dance tomorrow.
Blogger angelfish mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Hmmm...I guess I feel a little bad for the bloke that lost his iPod, but I've always thought it's so cool to find stuff other people leave behind--especially when something is written/stored in it. It's like a little mystery, a time-capsule (with free music ;P).
So, just out of curiosity--what kind of songs did the iPod come with, pray tell?

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger angelfish mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

PS--Sorry 'bout your toe... =)

6:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home