Wednesday, July 12, 2006

HA!

Today was very wet. The Whitesailors went capsizing and Alexis, Kim and I got to help. It was quite cold, as it was raining, but for some reason I didn't feel it and offered my towel to anyone who needed it. We weren't on the dock for too long; eventually we went back to the Boathouse, where everyone went upstairs and had a nice, hot shower. I had a momentary bit of panic: I forgot that we were capsizing today and forgot to replenish the large pile of clothing in my bag, as it has been slowly depleting. Luckily I found everything I needed, and as soon as I got home later, washed all of my sailing clothing.

After washing and changing into dry clothes, everybody watched The Parent Trap. The volunteers quickly became bored, so we threw Isaac, Mia's rugby ball, around for a while, then went outside onto the balcony and played Ha. After The Parent Trap the instructors put on Pirates of the Caribbean for the Whitesailors and the rowers. Kayla and Garrett fought for ten minutes over who would sit next to me, Kayla because she loves me for some reason, and Garrett because he wanted to make Kayla mad. Eventually they settled down, and two minutes later all of the volunteers were called out to bring up the Twins, so poor Kayla fought Garrett in vain. Everybody was in a relatively good mood because Brent's truck was fixed, so it meant that we had to worry about one less boat to pull up. For some reason the trailers were very heavy today, probably because they were so wet.

The rest of my day was fairly uneventful. I got home and warmed myself up with scrambled eggs and a mug of hot chocolate with a shot of Baileys.

Tomorrow I am spending all day with my baby.

Post a Comment

<< Home