Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day

muah

Yesterday I spent approximately five hours using public transit.

After watching the Germany vs . . . that other team . . . Argentina, I headed to Vancouver to have lunch with my mother, taking the 701, the 152 and the skytrain, two and a half hours of staring blankly out of windows and reading the 24 Hours that I found on the floor. I met up with my mother, and we spent another half hour taking various buses around Vancouver; part of Granville St was closed because of the construction for the Canada Line, so my mother was confused and it took us longer than it should have. We made a quick stop to Restoration Hardware, where my mother bought this bag (the one on the right). She wanted it in green or blue, but they only had tan left, so she took that. I immediately put my purse into it and carried it around for most of the rest of the day. We then went across the street and ate sushi and bubble tea; it was my mother's first time trying bubble tea and my first time eating a yam roll. We took the bus back to the AIBC, where we picked up my mother's Twinrex vaccination and my phone, it died on the way to Vancouver so I left it to charge during lunch. We took the train to Pitt Meadows Station, about a forty minute ride, and my mother got her vaccination, then we were picked up by my dad, and were almost all the way back to Port Moody when I realized where we were going. I got my parents to drop me off at Coquitlam Station, where I caught the next train to Maple Meadows, then the 701 to Haney Place; that took about an hour. I arrived home with a raging headache. I stayed up until my parents came home, though I don't remember why.

I slept in this morning, waking up half an hour after I was supposed to arrive at Mikhael's house. After a quick breakfast with my family, my sister was there as well, I left and went over to his house, where we watched soccer and cartoons. Later we went to Rocky Point and wandered around for a while, with milkshakes and later bubble tea. My parents arrived and Mikhael went home, and I spent the evening on my sister's laptop, for lack of something better to do. When the concert in the park was over later, I stood at the window and watched police arrest drunk people and listened to the shouts and the ambulance at the skate park. I thought only one person was stabbed. Turns out it was two. Finally everything quieted down, my sister came home from spending the evening with friends and my parents and I went home.

That is all. I am tired.
Blogger angelfish mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Wow...I would be tired too ;P. But at least you have the liberty to ride public transit on your own. It may not sound like a big deal, but for a girl with overprotective parents like mine, the thought of going anywhere by myself (even to school) practically calls for celebration ;).

7:45 p.m.  
Blogger Abby mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

I was thinking the same thing, I just didn't want to say anything.

9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home