Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Sunshine Rainbow Ponies

I meant to post yesterday, but I forgot.

My July nineteenth started out somewhat uneventfully, with the exception of when we launched Patty; Brian offered to drive her over to the dock for us, but forgot to unhook the boat from the trailer, so when he put her into reverse and gunned it . . . My arms hurt for a while afterwards. We played a quick game of buggers, Max stepped on my broken toe and put all of his weight on it, but at least I stopped him from getting a try.

In the morning the Whitesailors did a lot of theory, and to make it more interesting, they had a fashion show. I wish I had brought my camera down to the gazebo with me. We storm-rigged, had a mini water fight, despite the water warning, and went back to the Boathouse to eat lunch.

My sandwich was a bit on the moldy side, so instead I ate some of Mia's lunch and bought a hot chocolate.

After lunch we went sailing, but there wasn't much in the way of wind. Mia and I hung out in Salma with Matt and splashed kids in 420's.

I can't remember what else I did.

This morning Garrett tried to pull a Brian, but he didn't. We played Capture the Flag, and between Mia, Garrett and I, we managed to win the game through, deceivement and our power as volunteers.

The Whitesailors did some theory that I didn't pay attention to, instead I skillfully duct taped my sandal together. The sailors went to the dock and storm-rigged, then they played the boat parts game. I'm surprised that I remember most of the more obscure boat parts; I even helped Max with which ones to say next, like chainplate and fairlead. One kid actually climbed up the mast to touch the spreaders, even though pointing at them would have sufficed.

We went back for lunch. My sandwich was moldy again, but Matt got me some free fries from Pajo's.

The afternoon was fun. It was very windy, I'd say about fifteen knots. It was just Matt and I in Salma for the majority of the afternoon, Matt not being allowed to take any students because Salma was missing her kill chord. Whenever a larger boat passed we rode the waves, and it was so much fun, almost as much fun as that day trip that I was volunteering with the week after I passed my Bronze IV two years ago. The last time we did it today we caught the lip of the wave and almost turtled. A lot of the Whitewailors (haha, Whitewailors) were complaining because they were going too fast and most didn't want to capsize. Babies. I got to direct them into the docks; it was their first time docking by themselves, and most did pretty good for their first time. I played Dock Nazi and ordered people around.

We pulled the boats up and I left soon after. Mikhael and I went to Maple Ridge where we pretended we were on a hill even though we were just on a grassy lot, and we rolled around for a while, then I saved Mikhael from walking into poles multiple times, including three times in quick succession. He only needed to save me twice. We arrived at my house and immediately ate rhubarb, because Mikhael had never tried it before. We hung out here because it was nice and cool inside, with all of the fans and the lack of heating and everything. After a few hours I walked Mikhael back to the bus station and we spent ten minutes rolling around on the grass again.

Went home, ate dinner, watched TV.

I'm tired.

Post a Comment

<< Home