Saturday, July 15, 2006

If you fuse Russian and Italian together, you get Chinese

Jeremy showed up today, I mean yesterday, probably because he knew that I had brought him food. In return, he cooked my food for me, along with one hundred hot dogs for other people. We were barbecuing on our shiny new Costco barbecue. In the morning the sailors wandered off to play capture the flag, and I played a twenty minute game of Cat's Cradle with Kayla, then taught her string games; I really had nothing better to do. While the Bronzesailors went for a boat ride, the Juniors hung out on the Bonny Jean and the Whitesailors played a game of soccer, the volunteers panicked because we were suffering from a lack of chairs, then I got bored of that and let Paula play with my hair for the next half hour. We had our barbecue, one kid who was about four feet tall drank six cans of pop and another of the same size drank four, then most people went upstairs to watch a movie. A bunch of us read about Jesus, just because we could. Alexis, Kim and I helped the rowers carry an eight up to the rowing compound because they were too tired to do it on their own. I almost fell asleep while watching Garfield, but was rudely disturbed by Falacci, who made me get up and help pull up the Twins. I wasn't much help at all, kind of disoriented, so I was given the task of stuffing rope into a bag, then Mia let me go back upstairs and sleep though the last ten minutes of the movie. Soon after I got mad at Mikhael because he didn't tell me that there were muffins at his house, and I ran around the concrete slab in front of the Boathouse muttering, "All I want is a fucking muffin. All I have wanted for the last two days is a fucking muffin. God dammit, I want a Fucking muffin!"

We soon left and went to Starbucks, but they didn't have any muffins. I ate a brownie and felt like a child again.

We bought onion rings on the way to the train station.

Mikhael got off at Coquitlam and I continued on to PoCo, and caught the C38 to Mia's house. John was on the C38, and just moved to Mia's street, so us and his mom and sister all crossed the street together, then John and I walked over to Mia's house. Mia and Michael were just leaving to go buy chips and pop, so we joined them, and afterwards John went home. Soon after we got back Alexis's mom and Greg's dad dropped them off and we walked back to Alexis's house because she had forgotten her food. He mom gave us a ride to a sushi place, and while she ordered sushi for us, we wandered over to the movie store, the one with the really hairy guy, though this time he had actually shaved and tied his hair back. We rented Gladiator and Hair, then went back to Mia's house and watched both of them. We now have a new goal, to spend all day dancing in a park, and randomly sneaking up behind parkbenches with people on them and breaking into song.

The best part of my day:

David: "I still recognize all of you."
Alexis: "Oh yeah? What are our names?"
David: "George . . . Paul . . . Emily . . . Paul . . . John."
Greg: "Damn, I wanted to be Ringo."
Me: "Well you can't. There can only be one Ringo."
Alexis: "Wait a minute, there was no Emily in The Beatles."
Mia, Greg, Michael, Mia's Dad, David and Michael's Mom, Me: "Um yeah, what the hell."
David: "Yes there is. She's the one in the base drum."

Good times. Mia's cat, the one that is greyer than the other one, is crazy.

Need sleep now.

Post a Comment

<< Home