Thursday, July 27, 2006

Is she speaking English?

I don't know why I didn't update on Tuesday, so here it is:

I spent all day doing my Emergency First Aid and my CPR-C. I got to play with a manikin, whom I named George Petunia. Some guy named Tom was teaching us everything It was fun, but nothing new. Later I went to Haney Place and bought a new bikini top and picked out a new phone, identical to Megan's.

Yesterday was better. We spent the day swimming. In the morning Brent took us to his friend's beach, where we were going to practice shore rescues, but the tide was out too far and we couldn't run through mud, so we practiced in the water instead. We also had to practice putting our pfd's on in the water, which sucked because it meant that I had to put my head underwater, but I survived. We had to do everything fully clothed, but eventually Brent let us take our shoes and shirts off. We went back to the rowing dock and practiced our shore rescues there, which was disgusting because it is the dirtiest part of the inlet. We went back up to the Boathouse to eat lunch and found this:

Ahhh!

Um, yeah. It kind of creeped us out a bit. We all took showers upstairs and rinsed off a bit, then we ate lunch near Pajo's.

After lunch we practiced our man overboard boat rescues in the zodiacs two-at-a-time, because we all got our PCOC's that morning. I was horrible, but Big Red is different from the other boats, so I probably would have had an easier time had I been in one of the twins. When we weren't "rescuing" the buoy person, we were swimming near the Bonnie Jean and trying to get the Whitesailors to come near so we could hang off the back of their boats.

After sailing I went to Paula's house and impressed everyone by knowing where everything was, because it is the same as Megan's. Paula's parents made me dinner and I helped Paula make a crust for a cheesecake that she was making for today. We left for the fireworks.

The fireworks were fun, though it is one of those "what happens at the fireworks, stay at the fireworks" evenings. Not many of us went, only Greg, Garrett, Falacci, Paula, Daniel and I. We got there around seven and all got free lanyards from Solo Mobile, and pins and tattoos from Rogers. We spent a nice three hours hanging out, then we watched the fireworks. They were okay, I've seen better and I don't think that Italy is going to win. We might go again next week.

Me, before the fireworks









I got a ride to Erin's apartment from Paula's parents, where I stayed the night.

This morning I slept in until seven-thirty, took a shower, then foraged until I found some lunch. Normally I would have just bought my lunch today, but we were going on a day sail.

It was quite fun. Paula and I decided to sail together, never having done so before. We had a new 420 with new sails, so we were the fastest double-handed boat on the water. Brent wanted to sail a Laser for a bit, so a couple people were shuffled around for about half an hour and I ended up in a zodiac practicing my driving. I am better right-handed.

We ate lunch in our boats and eventually sailed back. I got to skipper during most of the trip, except for when I was practicing my driving and when I was eating my lunch. I was going to let Paula dock because I don't trust myself enough, but my docking job was beautiful. We were the first to finish de-rigging.

We pulled the boats up and washed them, then went to the other end of the park where the Whitsailors were playing a game. Mikhael and I left eventually to buy cookies, then we went to the forest behind Mia's house, all nicely dressed up like a rabbit and a caterpillar. Mia and Alexis were hosting an un-birthday tea party, and there was lots of cake, tea and cookies to get fat on. There were ten of us there, Clockwise from me there was Mikhael, Mike, Alexis, Greg, Ellis, Mia, Paula, Falacci, Laura and I. We called people and yelled at Alec and Garrett for not coming. There was lots of rugby talk going on. Eventually we went inside, because we were going to watch Alice in Wonderland, but I had to leave, so I ate a piece of Paula's cheesecake and left to go meet my parents. I missed the movie, but that's okay, because Mikhael has promised that we will watch it at his house sometime.

Awwwwwww
My Baby the Bunny Rabbit

That's about it. I'm going to bed.

Post a Comment

<< Home