Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"Well, I don't hear any screaming, so either they're having fun or they're dead."

This morning started out with my cats. I was innocently sitting on a chair reading and trying to warm myself up because I was freezing, and Lou walked across my lap a few times. Not to be outdone, Sally sat on my lap for a few minutes after Lou left, and when Lou walked across my knees to get to another chair, Sally smacked her. She left to get a snack and Lou came back for a belly rub. Sally jumped onto the chair beside us. I had been giving Lou her belly rub for a few minutes, when Sally started doing that thing that all cats do before they all throw up. I pushed Lou off of me and tried to get Sally to the kitchen, because the floor in there is the most forgiving. Failing at that because she is so fat, I tried to get her to keep her head over the blanket that she was sitting on. I started petting her, and all of a sudden she just stopped and started purring. I was quite shocked. I told her that it was a very low thing to do, then ignored her until I left for sailing.

My morning was fairly uneventful, with the exception being that my baby was there most of the day. We "played" some Capture the Flag, then Mia, Mikhael and I went to the ice cream shop, then back to the Boathouse, where Mia and I taught Mikhael some Whitesail theory. Mia went down with the Whitesailors to storm-rig, and I stayed up with Mikhael and taught him more theory. In half an hour he learned ten days worth of Whitesail theory, including wind direction, points of sail, the different types of boats, basic tacking and gybing, and knots.

After lunch Mikhael went to Denis's house for a while and everyone went down to the docks. Mia and I helped everyone launch, but were left behind on the docks, at the mercy of horny, slightly intoxicated men on giant yachts. They even told me how good I looked in a lifejacket. They picked up their friend from the rowing dock, then they left.

Eventually we were picked up by Matt and Jeremy, and we drove around for a while. It was very windy and the Whitesailors were doing very well for only their second day of sailing. Some kid had a "stomachache" and decided he didn't want to sail, was crying and everything, so Jimmy took him up to the Boathouse. It was the Sally thing all over again. We might have been more inclined to believe him had he not done the exact same thing yesterday. I don't think he's going to pass.

Later Mikhael and I bought sandwiches, then I went home. Did some other stuff, lied to some people, but I'll explain on the weekend.


~


And Mikhael, we have to talk less on the phone. My phone bill is through the roof and my mom is pissed.

Post a Comment

<< Home