Friday, August 18, 2006

The brown hat brim reveals little of the man within

I was cheated out of a day trip today, although Matt says we'll go on one on Monday. Too bad I'll miss it.

In the morning the Whitesailors were capsizing. This time I managed to get out of being an example; instead I took one of the sailors, the one who is afraid to go sailing, up to the Boathouse because he had to go to football practice. I preached rugby and had a nice talk with his father.

After a nice lunch in which I ate free pudding, we went down to the dock, where I made numerous trips back and forth between the docks ferrying Michael and little James. Michael, Alec and I never managed to get out on the water, because we launched only one of the Twins this morning; one on the wheels on Patty's trailer had fallen apart.

We went up to the Boathouse to find the trailer fixed, so we took Patty town and did a bit of inventory work for Brent. We also brought up all of the Laser and Byte lines and organized them. Brent wants us to shuffle the Lasers around, but we'll do that next week. All we had time for today was to fix the hiking strap on one of them.

I came home and had spaghetti and veggieballs for dinner. I shared a glass of beer with my mother because my parents forgot about me and didn't pour me one.

I did everything practically one-handed today, because I sprained my middle finger. Luckily it's on my right hand, which I only use for driving boats. It's not like it is important or anything.

Post a Comment

<< Home