Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I wish I was fat and vertically challenged like Alec

Today started off all drizzly-like. It was icky, but the instructors still made everyone "sail" in the morning because a reporter from the TriCities was coming to take pictures. We all lamented that it was this day that he had to come, because it ruined our plans of watching all of the Mighty Duck movies and sleeping.

I lost the rock paper scissors match with Greg, and Max said that whomever lost got to volunteer with him, so I was quite happy. Volunteering with Max means that if you are helping to launch the boats, you jump into the last double-handed boat and Max will pick you up once you get out of the channel. The last boat just happened to be the Tasar. I finally got to sail in the Tasar. Unfortunately there was no wind, so I am not really counting it. I was with Chase and Riley, and they kept on insulting and splashing each other, but I half ignored them. Later Riley attacked Chase and they landed on me and I hit my injured knee, which put me in a bad mood for a while.

I never did get into Big Red with Max; the reporter snapped a few pictures with his Nikon DX, including a few of the Tasar, then Max drove him back to the dock and immediately told us to head in and storm rig.

The sailors watched Garfield and ate lunch, and the volunteers and a few other people hung out downstairs, threw Stumpy the Rugby Ball around, and drank hot chocolate. I wasn't in a coffee mood today.

Things cleared up in the afternoon, so everyone went sailing. I was with Max again, because I did not want to be with Ana, and I did not want to be in a 420 with the Canto Kids again, lovely as they are. The Bronzesailors were practicing their rudderless.

On the way home I lost my mommy, then found her again, and my parents and I went to that All-You-Can-Eat Asian restaurant that serves both Japanese and Chinese.

~

I'll be in the TriCities most likely this Saturday. I will probably find my own copy, but just in case, somebody save me one.

Post a Comment

<< Home