Friday, August 04, 2006

Jordan and I are going to spend a night in Costco

Quote of the day:

"I lost my cell phone, and the Rocky Point Sailing phone, but we saved the Skittles, so it's alright. The coffee's gone, but . . . that's because I drank it *Smiles and does Brent Laugh* "
-Brent

~

Today the Whitesailors went on a day trip and I went with them.

In the morning I put on sunscreen while everybody rigged, and we watched Max and Derpak rig a boat in five minutes to prove to the Bronzesailors that it could be done. I hung out with Matt because I did not want to be with Ana all day. He bought me an ice cream sandwich at Reed Point because he is that nice.

We got to beach the boats today, so everyone was able to eat on the beach. Michael and I sat on a rock and every few minutes walked down to the water and pulled the boats up, as the tide was coming in.

The way back was uneventful. When we got back to the dock the Bronzesailors were just leaving, so the Whitesailors had plenty of room, which was nice because the wind picked up right then. Matt jumped in a 420 and docked it by himself to show the Whitesailors how to do it because their docking was shitty, though I can't blame the Canto Kids because their boom fell off.

After that we did capsizing, and Ryan and I volunteered to be the examples. Bad idea. I really should stop volunteering to do stuff like this. Ana didn't want us to de-rig it first, which makes it harder, because with the sails up you are more likely to turtle the boat, which we did. And with two people about my size, and the top of the mast stuck in the mud, the boat is nearly impossible to un-turtle. Eventually Matt had to come out and help us by dry-capsizing, but by then I had gotten water in my left eye and couldn't see out of it.

After that we let the kids capsize, but they got to be in un-rigged boats with buoys tied to the top of the mast. Grrrrr.

A bit of happy news though: I got to drive Lucy onto her trailer. Most volunteers don't get that privilege, and Lucy is the hardest because her trailer floats and moves around. I even did a half decent job.

I got to sign people out, and I stayed there until everyone was signed out, which is rare for me. Mikhael showed up and his mom gave us a ride to his house, where we ate dinner, watched TV, and generally acted like little children, just because we could.

I'm dead tired now. Quite dead.

Post a Comment

<< Home