Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sheep

Yesterday was Erin's twentieth birthday, so I was dragged out of bed to be there when she opened her presents. The big thing that we gave her this year was a photo printer for her apartment, so she's quite happy about that.

Later we went to Vancouver and wandered around there; we went to Deluxe Junk, and the gay guys were there with their dog. The bag that Erin and I saw on Wednesday had been purchased, which was unfortunate. We saw two black dresses that we both liked very much, they were very simple and very cheap. My mom bought a rather expensive pin, however, so we didn't buy them.

We also went to Subway and The Games store in Gastown, and made fun of some of the games inside.

Eventually we made our way to English Bay, and found a place on the sand that was front and center, the only drawback being that we had to sit in front of a bunch of assholes from Surrey, the majority of them being drunk. One of them, the daughter of the guy who seemed the most intoxicated, she seemed about fourteen, yelled at them whenever they did anything stupid, and apologized to us whenever her father kicked sand onto our blankets. We bought cupcakes at Cupcakes and I impressed everyone with my ability to take one out of the container without having it fall apart or getting the icing everywhere.

The fireworks were good, and I filmed most of the finale.

Pretty sunset





After they were over we walked back to the van, but traffic was horrible, so we hung out in the park with the upside-down church until midnight, then we took the long way home through North Van.

This morning we walked to Bob's Brook, which is very picturesque, but it was much too hot. I wanted to go swimming, but I didn't have my bathing suit and there were people walking the trail.

Afterwards my mom and I went to Haney Place, because my phone has been acting up, and Adrien, the overly happy sales-person gave me a new battery to try. We browsed through a few different shops, and, ohmygod, I saw the prettiest dress, cream with brown trim, satin . . . I want it so bad. It was half off too, and the first one that I looked at was in my size, but my mom wouldn't even let me try it on. oh well, I wasn't meant to have nice things.

I want a cupcake.

Post a Comment

<< Home