Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Byzantine mosaic dome"

. . . She yelled over and over again in my ear during English. "Trying not to throw up."

Choir:
Needmoreguysneedmoreguysneedmoreguys. We only have ten at the most.

Block one:
Faaria got all excited when she heard about the free magazines, and severely disappointed when she heard that she was only allowed two. Today we were reading other magazines, looking at the clothing, and discussing whether or not Jessica and Ashlee Simpson were pretty with Jas. Only Marianne seems to think so.

French:
Everyone has been lectured a lot. A lot. I play with my hair a lot. A lot. My French grammar is horrible.

And speaking of French . . .

Montreal:
I am scared that it will one day happen at our school, that some grade twelve IB Diploma student who is taking three sciences will crack from the stress, pull out a gun and shoot everyone in the library.

English:
Hunnings likes to go on such tangents that make him forget that he told me to put my hand down, as he would get to me after another person's comment. Oh well. He talked about how ugly babies are yesterday, and I agreed completely. I don't think I was that pretty when I was born, I mean, I was born purple. Today Krisha yelled in my ear a lot, and Hunnings gave me my quote of the day:

"Espresso is the Holy Grail. I don't know why they looked for a chalice with blood in it. It's espresso, man, it's espresso!"

He also argued with dictionary definitions that didn't match his own.

Bio:
Ahhh, bio. Krisha joined our class yesterday, in a way that was most amusing. Sabot loves that she's a squeaker. Yesterday was all about how Australia equals death and nobody should go there. He also mentioned how ugly newborn babies are, and although everybody laughed, those of us who had just had Hunnings the block before were in hysterics. Today was not quite so funny, because we watched a movie that had one of those monotonous voices narrating it.

Art:
I have accepted that fact that I am going to be doing this all semester. I am enjoying it though. Mme Bilodeau admired my journal, saying that if it didn't play such a large role in my mark for the course, I wouldn't even need a sketchbook because my journal is my sketchbook. We got our paper today, for our projects, and we have to start them tomorrow. I have mine almost completely planned out.

Cross country:
Oh my god, two amazing practices in a row. Yesterday we went up the stairs in the back and ran to Miller Park, then we ran the ravine trail, which is really short, then we did intervals around the soccer fields at Banting. After we did seventy-five situps, twenty-five regular, then twenty-five each of those ones where you cross your leg. We did the plank for a minute immediately after, then ten pushups, ten beached whales, ten jumping jacks, then we ran/walked back to the stairs. Today we started off with the adventure trail, I was leading because I knew where to go, and I ran the whole way except that one really steep hill that I speedwalked. After that we ran to Rocky Point and down the trail; I ran to the townhouses before I turned around. I sprinted the last block and a half to the empty lot on Clarke, finishing just behind Betty. There was a suprisingly good turnout today, despite that fact that it was a little wet out. I felt so good afterwards.

Dance:
Was suprisingly fun yesterday. I was a little stiff after cross country, but after I stretched I felt better. We are dancing to Sing Sing Sing this year, nice and fast and very upbeat, so it should be fun. I also promised myself that this year I am going to make an effort.

Four and a half pages of my journal left. I think I can finish it tomorrow. I'll bring my new one just in case.
Blogger angelfish mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Hmmm...your classes sound like they aren't so scary. When I was a sophomore my classes were downright heinous. This year they aren't so bad, except I have loads more work.

2:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home