Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"Dust in places that you didn't know you had"

At four-thirty this afternoon, I lost all free time until Christmas. By the end of next week I am going to die, with the rugby and the cross-country and the dancing and the sailing and the schoolwork. About two weeks later I will either get used to it, or have to drop rugby in order to not kill myself.

Anyhoo, onto my day. I was suffering from a lack of bus fare this morning, so I got to school at eight, after making a Starbucks run with my dad. My tall dark took two hours to drink, and it was so disgustingly cold by the time I was finished. Mikhael and I hung out in front of my old locker the whole five hours that we had to wait, talking, helping grade nine's figure out where they were going and calling Denis up to ask if he was dead, then how many girlfriends he's had, jumping Yuan, and so on. Many teachers passed us, Johansson about eight times, Bellemare, McIntyre, she got a forced smile, and Thompson, which had me squealing for the next five minutes that she is teaching at our school, despite the fact that I later found out that I'm not going to have her at all this year.

Brinkman gave us our schedules, then collected fees and gave out lockers. I knew that if I kept silent for long enough that I'd get my own locker, and it paid off. I didn't want to pair up with anyone from my advisory anyways, my first two choices having moved advisories, and the other moved provinces. Mikhael is my locker partner now.

We left soon after for Coquitlam Centre, where we bought school supplies at London Drugs, then ate lunch. Mikhael went home after and I went back to Port Moody, to Erin's apartment to get changed and pick up my duffel, only stopping to talk to Lauren, then off to rugby practice at Inlet. Unfortunately I shouldn't trust Mia with information, as I soon found out that girls practice is not until Thursday, so Mia and I practiced with the guys. We did lots of drills, and all of them ranged between fifteen and twenty minutes long each. We were all so tired by the time we got around to playing buggers, both teams scored more tries than they should have. Our team lost by one point, despite the fact that we had Anup on our team, so we had to do pushups at the end of practice. Although I was easily the worst person there, I can still beat Mia at one thing: I can do pushups and she can't. I've decided that one day, that will probably be the only thing that keeps me coming.

Uneventful bus ride home. Need shower and sleep.

Post a Comment

<< Home