Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Little Bit of Sparkle

We worked on that horrible song in choir today, and it was in my head for the rest of the day, still is, but I'm trying to drown it out with other music. We also practiced Ave Maria, which sounds sooo good.

We played big two in the caf in block one. I shuffled the cards because Jas wouldn't let Marianne do it. Kenny gave us cookies and I complained about the downsizing of muffins.

Bellemare talked all block, went off on a tangent while he was talking to us about using those study guide books at the back of the room, about the Florida Panthers winning the Stanley Cup and what's-his-name bringing it to Port Moody, so we could all skip school and parade down St John's Street with it and get drunk off "beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup de champagne." We are supposed to study these books religiously, only stopping to watch Hockey Night in Canada, except for when "Dingbat Cherry" is speaking, then we are allowed to study.

My interrogation of Jooyeon sucked in English today, but not as much as Francis's.

We watched a movie about AIDS in South Africa today, and did that exercise where you get a piece of paper that you're not allowed to look at, then you "shake hands" with ten different people, then everybody reveals their piece of paper and you find out how many people are going to die from an STD or HIV. Everyone in the class was infected by HIV, and some lucky people, like Faaria, had an extra disease on top of it, like gonorrhea. Some people were safe, somebody for using a condom, Sam, sort of, for using birth control; actually he did get HIV, but at least he didn't get pregnant, Francis did get infected because his condom broke, but Mikhael didn't because he used a female condom. Bumjew was being abstinent, and me . . . well, I was safe, but at a cost. Apparently I have sexual dysfunction. Oh well.

Worked like mad on Art Project Number One. I will be working on it tomorrow as much as I can, before school to make up for the half hour that I missed today, during block five and after school, which unfortunately means that I have to miss cross country.

Left art early to go to the first cross country meet of the year. It was raining like hell. It was rather disappointing, although I ran rather well.

Left immediately after the giving out of the ribbons because I had dance. I miraculously got there before dance started, even though Donna wasn't being too late today. I could actually dance today, just like last Wednesday, although I was called on my lack of spotting, and I have concluded that it has nothing to do with my ability: I just cannot dance on Mondays.

I'm starting to get tired of this whole blogging thing. I'll never stop, but I won't enjoy it so much.
Anonymous Anonymous mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Hmmm...If blogging is getting to be cumbersome, switch it up. Blog once a week instead of every day or write about something totally different--like a poem or an off the wall story. Or just take a vacation from blogging altogether.
Don't worry--I'll understand :P

4:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home