Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ear Poison and Snuggles

So visiting my grandmother wasn't too bad, it was kind of funny really, the gossip and everything. Apparently my oldest uncle is a (and has a) Tweeny Little Thing, and my second oldest uncle was last seen wandering around in "what looks like a silk dress." My grandmother herself has been reading chick lit, right now she is reading one about this guy who wants to marry this girl, but not really, and she's not sure if she wants to marry him, but he has a lot of money, and, oh look, he has his fingers crossed behind his back on the cover. It was funny enough the first time, but my grandmother's conversational skills work on a bit of a loop, and eventually she started to describe it again, but after about two words in, my dad filled in the rest, practically word for word.

Of course there was the usual large number of compliments to Erin and I, because of course we are beautiful and perfect and smart and have a beautiful mother.

My grandmother is also going to help Erin find a boyfriend. She's looking for a "character who will snap you up and say 'you're mine' and that's exactly how it happens."

Speaking of Erin, in her own words, she is "une pizza avec beaucoup du fromage." I think I might have been born into the wrong family. No wonder I'm so weird.

Post a Comment

<< Home