Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Il est avocat. He's an avocado.

I finally got my folder today in choir. It was exciting.

In block one I worked on my Darwin cartoon, and coloured both the Darwin and the Lamarck cartoons. I also handed in Mikhael's IB exam sheet to Mr Saucier.

In French I answered another question right, which was nice, and Bellemare signed my IB exam sheet.

In English there were two presentations, A Woman's Issue, which was very depressing, and This is a Photograph of Me, which is also depressing, but for some reason I really like it:

It was taken some time ago.
At first it seems to be a
smeared
print: blurred lines and grey flecks
blended with the paper;

then, as you scan
it, you see in the left-hand corner
a thing that is like a branch: part of a tree
(balsam or spruce) emerging
and, to the right, halfway up
what ought to be a gentle
slope, a small frame house.

In the background there is a lake,
and beyond that, some low hills.

(The photograph was taken
the day after I drowned.

I am in the lake, in the center
of the picture, just under the surface.

It is difficult to say where
precisely, or to say

how large or small I am:
the effect of water
on light is a distortion

but if you look long enough,
eventually
you will be able to see me.)

In bio we took lots of notes. Sabot left for about fifteen minutes to go pick up his daughter who apparently wasn't feeling well and was crying at daycare. While he was gone we continued to take notes, and three different science teachers would wander in at random, to exclaim that the amount of note-taking we were doing and discuss whose printing it was of the notes that we were copying, because it wasn't Sabot's. Tsui called us naughty for moving the piece of paper off of the overhead that was covering the rest of our notes so we could finish them faster. Eventually Sabot came back with his daughter, who was so cute and so very calm. She coloured a map of the school while Sabot finished teaching our block.

In art we had that TOC again, but I managed to get out of her class early for a cross country meet.

The meet itself was good. I felt pretty good for most of it; the last quarter of it I practically sprinted, because I couldn't let Diane get ahead of me. We both sprinted up the hill to the finish, me ahead, but she passed me with about three meters to go, so I pushed myself that much more and we crossed the finish at the exact same time. It was dramatic. After a few minutes of trying to catch my breath, Betty, Louise, Shalaleh and I walked down the trail a bit to go cheer the guys on.

I got to dance fifteen minutes late, but all I missed was some technique. Donna complained that I was very stiff, but considering that I had just come from a race, I wasn't surprised that I was a little stiff. We are about a third of the way through learning our dance.

I came home and started on my bio, then gave up because my textbook is useless, and I will finish it tomorrow in block one.

I am leaving for the island tomorrow evening and will be gone until Monday night. I doubt I'll even give an overview of my weekend when I get back, as I'm sure I'll be incredibly bitchy.

Anonymous Anonymous mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Love the photograph description. You got to do that in class??? Too cool. My English class is sort of a snooze...wish we got to do more fun stuff like that ;P

11:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home