Sunday, October 01, 2006

Warning: Picture-heavy

Okay, yesterday. It all started off with me going for a walk to buy Carolee's birthday present. I bought it, brought it home, worked on it like mad and finished it two minutes before I left.

The plan was to call Mikhael a few minutes before the bridge so he could come out to the bus stop and give me my phone back. However, there was less traffic than I thought, and Troy's house ended up being farther away than I thought, so he was not there when we got to the stop near the Wendy's, and it was only when everyone was on board and the bus was about to pull away that I saw him sprinting across the parking lot. I asked the bus driver to stop, he said no, so I begged him, said I needed my phone, and he gave this big exasperated sigh and stopped to let Mikhael on. He didn't have to be so rude about it; he was eight minutes ahead of schedule.

I hopped onto a C27 and took a nice ride through Heritage Woods and Westwood. I couldn't remember exactly where I was going, I only remembered what the stop looked like and that I had to cross the street and go up the hill to find the path to Carolee's cul-de-sac. Once I got there it took me a minute to remember which house was her's, but I got it right on my first try. I was the second person there. When I don't have to rely on my parents for transportation, I can even be early for things.

People started arriving and we spread around Carolee's house and neighbourhood. People were in her basement, on the first floor and the second, were out in the back and out in the front, and a few even decided to take a walk. Shalaleh, Megan, Marianne and I decided to take a few pictures.



Kenard arrived and the five of us headed outside to take pictures of ourselves jumping.



We also took individual pictures. Here is the Kenard Look:



Everyone came outside and we played with balls and frisbees and such, or maybe that was before the jumping, but I don't remember. All of the guys who were playing Keep Up admired my drop kick.

In the back yard, Richard was setting up the barbecue. It was scary. I had to show Richard how to use the lighter thing, which led to jokes about Richard not knowing how to get past the child safety mechanism. Luckily Shalaleh knew what she was doing and helped him, and I gave Megan a lesson on burquettes.

After a while everyone headed in, and I went downstairs to find half of the party-goers squished in the basement. I managed to find a spot on the couch. Jas was down there, and if there's Jas, there's a card game.



Jenny arrived and there was a lot of screaming.







Eventually we all headed upstairs to watch Tokyo Drift, the Western ripoff of Initial D, and I secured a spot right in the middle of the sectional. Iris and I played Where's Waldo.



This is only about two thirds of the people who were there.

After a while the movie was paused because of dinner. There was tons of food, and we didn't finish it all, mainly because we had been eating lots and lots of cheesies. Carolee borrowed my camera to take pictures of people grabbing food. I'm not in any of these because I grabbed my food as fast as I could, then booked it back to the couch so my spot wouldn't be taken.




Faaria has chicken and that makes her happy.


Alex giving out fork and knife sets like an auctioneer.


Yuan and Kenald, with Richard in the background. Richard gave me hell for taking this picture.





We all took our food to the couch, or around the couch and ate until they brought out the cake. We paused the movie again to crowd around the table. Richard got to light the candles.


Carolee, Talia and Kinsley. I wish I had younger siblings who were cute like that.





After that we finished the movie and headed down to the basement to watch people play DDR. Carolee opened her presents, and that was when I left. Gave Blaise, Esaly and Natasha a ride to Wendy's.

~

Today I was back again at aforementioned Wendy's, only at the Tim Horton's side of it. I met up with Mikhael, and we walked to Troy's house; I complained the whole way about the mediums at Tim Hortons being the same size as a short at Starbucks and the coffee wasn't even as good anyways. We got to Troy's house and finished our project. I am officially sick of it and wish it would die. I am sorry that poor Troy had to put up with watching it over and over again.

We left and I suddenly remembered that my cousins lived around the corner, so we paid them a little visit. Garrett loves Mikhael, my aunt does as well. Gary and Mikhael have the same energy level. I got to spend some quality time with Auntie and talk, something I don't usually get to do because of Garrett. I also got to see Kendall before we left; we played hide and seek. Gary wanted to come with us.

Mikhael and I hung out at Tim Hortons for a couple hours, because we are that cool. I went home after that and haven't done very much since.

I am tired now. This post took a while.

Post a Comment

<< Home