Monday, November 06, 2006

"What about you, ladies, let's rate male celebrities. Not Uma Thurman. She's mine."

Today . . . sucked.

I was late for choir, even though I told my parents that I wanted to be on time today. Natasha did save me a small vest though, so that was nice of her.

Block one I worked on my bio lab. Stupid, stupid bio lab.

In French I actually participated, talked about rugby. I realized that I have an example of what we were learning today already in my oral and that made me happy.

In English we discussed possible themes for A Handmaid's Tale. A few of us did. Hunnings says he's never had an IB class before where two thirds of the class hasn't even read the novel. To be fair, however, some people cannot read dystopic novels. I can, in fact, I really like them. We got into unofficial groups for our presentations. I'm with Kayley, Kenard and Emily, which means that I have a good group. Mainly because three of us have read the book and Kenard is almost finished, so we know what is going on. Tomorrow I have to write a commentary about a passage in A Bird in the House.

In bio I did horrible on a quiz, then spent the rest of the block beating my head against Mikhael's arm. My head hurt quite a bit by the end of the block, but it did calm me down somewhat.

In art I made an ear. 'Nuff said.

After school I was supposed to go to a music student council meeting, but I forgot until nearly three hours afterwards. Mikhael and I bussed to Coquitlam Station, where we split up; he went home and was picked up by his parents to go for his flu vaccination (which has me wondering about mine, because I get a free one every year too and I have no idea when I'm getting it) and I went to the mall, curled up on a chair and memorized my French oral for two hours until five, when I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and went to dance.

Hung out at Footloose for a while, watching other classes and discussing violence in schools with Luke and IB with Heather and Kieran's mom.

Donna pulled something even scarier than last week's not giving any lectures whatsoever: she lectured me about coming to dance with an injury. She never does that. Usually it's just "Suck it up and dance, and bend your knees more. I don't care if you have a permanent knee injury," but today she told me that I shouldn't have come because of my shin splints. I told her that they were not that bad, which they aren't. I've had worse.

I was all tired-like when I got home, probably because of only having eaten a sandwich and two cookies all day. I fixed that though. No hypoglycemia for me.

I've been staring at a blank screen for half an hour now. Time for sleep.

Post a Comment

<< Home