Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy Second Blogversary to me!

So, this is the time of year where I talk about the previous year in blogging.

It all started off with this time last year. I had just moved into my new room, and the last week of 2005 was full of broken-down vehicles, visiting family and train rides.

January was a whirlwind of studying for exams and computer viruses. There was some mathematical stigmata going on, and I made fun of Stephen Harper a lot. On January 20th, a Friday, I injured myself somehow, that included a lump on my head. I did not give details. If anyone has any information about said lump, please tell me. Um, I went to that big warehouse sale and bought most of my loud and garish ties, and that black skirt that everyone likes. Since then, I have given one of the fifty cent belts to Natasha for her birthday, because I saw her eyeing mine. My mp3 player died, stupid piece of shit.

The beginning of February was the end of the semester. We took lots of pictures. Exam week sucked, but as soon as it was over Jordan and I celebrated by going to see Capote. I went to a Great Big Sea concert. The next day I went for sushi and Death by Chocolate and filmed cutting Alexis' hair beside Best Buy then went to the park and danced and played games like Squeeze 'n Jump. I was single during Valentines Day, but I don't care, because single or not, I still hate Valentines Day. Erin and I made up a Secret List of Death. Luke's father had two brain aneurisms. The rest of the month was filled with bitching about dance and dance costumes.

March started off with a visit to Metrotown with fifteen of my Asian friends and a sort of going away party for Tiffy. During Spring Break I went to Tijuana, Mexico to help fix up a school with a bunch of people from Centennial. We visited many places, Ensenada, Rosarita, La Bufadora, Tecate (the brewery) and La Rumorosa. It was good fun, though it was nice to travel North and be able to flush things down toilets and have warm showers again. On the way back I lost my Disneyland virginity and spent way more than I should have at the NBC store. Jack Skellington is sitting on my bed at this very moment. SUS had a birthday party at her dad's friend's house, where we watched movies in their rec room with the big projector screen. Kenny turned one and we threw a little party for her. Yuki was sacked on his birthday. Mom received a letter from a man whose return ticket to Germany we found at the airport three years ago. I joined rugby. Carolee threw a going away party for Tiff, where we made her a collage and I stole Richard's hat and triumphantly wore it for two hours. Luke and Thomas played, "Let's Make Fun of Abby's Chest" at a manor show. I think they were jealous. Tiffy left for Japan for three years to study at a Buddhist school. Very emotional, especially since she forgot to hug The Wall goodbye.

In April some hot, Belgian guys invaded my PE class one day. They owned us in Alleyball. I started participating in rugby games. I went to the ENCOMPASS conference and attended two lectures by Lesra Martin. Went to the Matt Good concert, best concert ever, then went to Erin's and woke up five hours later to go to the Sun Run. Dance competitions, did badly and didn't place in Surrey. The choir performed at elementary schools. Bought a Van Gogh action figure, but was upset because he has both ears. My grandmother changed her digs without telling us, which eventually led us out to White Rock.

The most important thing that came out of May was Mikhael. Now seven months and counting. Danced for my grandmother and celebrated her birthday. Some guy asked me to help him find a Dora the Explorer episode and I admitted my love for Steve from Blues Clues. Found out that an astonishing number of Asians in my school do not know the meaning of Hanky Panky. I got my jaw knocked out of place during a rugby game and couldn't for three days. On the second day Erin too pity on me and made me a smoothie, but it was so painful. I helped out with Leader of the Pack, selling tickets etc, because I couldn't be in the musical and still wanted to take part. Mikhael gave me cheesecake on his birthday. Two medals at DancePower, a silver and a bronze. I set my hair on fire. We went to the provincials, but I only got to play in two games. Went to the grad dinner/dance to perform for choir. Took dance pictures, dad's birthday, I found a bee and named him Albert, but Bergman made me remove him. Bitch.

In June I was n a poetry kick, I kicked a lot of poetry. My left eyelid became all swollen just days before my year end dance shows. Thomas said a lot of amusing things. Final choir concert, end of school, exams. Lots of World Cup watching. I announced to the world that Beckie is my bitch. Commencement ceremony at the Orpheum, sang and listened to Jordan's mp3.

In July I sailed. First two weeks were the first session, next week was Learn to Race, and the next week after that was volunteer training. For details, read the damn posts. Broke my toe. Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 with sailing people. Mikhael took me to Cirque du Soleil's Varekai. Mikhael lost my phone and I got a new one. Entered the Maple Ridge fair and won a blue ribbon for my ring. Went to a tea party. Went to the fireworks with the sailing volunteers. Tried honey BBT for the first time.

In August was acquainted with some seals. Went to fireworks with sailing volunteers and Mikhael. Went to the fireworks with family and ate cupcakes from Cupcakes. Wrestled with a daggerboard multiple times. I was supposed to be in the newspaper, but I wasn't. I bought a dress. Celebrated other grandmother's birthday, I made the cake. More sailing. I was stuck with the ADHD kid because I was one of the few people that he'd listen to. Went to a movie with Mikhael and Jordan a few days before Jordan moved to Red Deer. I was obsessed with What It's Like Being Alone, which was removed for the fall season. Shame. Babysat the cousins. Lost my wallet, then got it back three days later.

September started off with another all you can eat sushi trip, this time to Vancouver. There was also BBT and deep fried chocolate bars. Got to school five hours early on the first day just because I could. Steve Irwin died. I finally acquired a duck named Steve. Another Great Big Sea concert. saw the Dalai Lama for the second time. Um, a lot of time was consumed by school. Helped out with parent/teacher interviews. Filmed a movie about cowpox. Went to Carolee's birthday party.

October was mostly school. Not random teacher strike this year. The family went on a bit of a "vacation" which I deemed fairly successful at the end because the parents swore that they'll never go on one again. My baby went to Hawaii for ten days and I missed him muchly. Received my first Threadless shirt. Went to Death By Chocolate because I had a coupon. Cross country meets. Started using a webcam on MSN. My birthday. Sushi and a rugby ball named Stewart. Went to a Canucks game. Glad that I didn't pay for it.

November, more school. Mysterious, giant bruise on my arm that stung. Remembrance Day assemblies, sang in both, both were different. Veteran made no sense. Went to BodyWorlds for the first time. Rearranged my room a bit so that I take up more of it than somebody who doesn't even live there. Was snowed in. Went to the opera with eighty of my friends.

December started off with the failed non-field trip that ended up being lunch. Saw a play at Riverside. Christmas concerts, not as fun as last year. Sabot singing to Abby W's boyfriend. District choir night. Two or three or four storms in a row. Saw Natasha's play. Received a crinoline. Body Worlds again, then dinner. Vancouver Aquarium.

~

That was my year in brief. Today shall be talked about tomorrow, as it is nearly two AM and dad wants me to go to bed.

~

This is my six hundredth post.

Post a Comment

<< Home