Sunday, December 24, 2006

Songs of the '60's

On Friday I suffered a lack of Katie. I cheered myself up by wearing my new crinoline to school. Everybody loved it.

In block one we were kicked out of the library because we didn't have permission slips to see the BodyWorlds dvd, despite the fact that we had already seen it when the grade tens who hadn't gone to Science World watched it and despite the fact that I did have a permission slip even though I wasn't planning on attending. We played cards in the caf. Esaly gave everyone a candy cane.

Block two we had a quiz, then we marked our provincial excerpts, then Bellemare said we could either read our bad French novels or sing Christmas songs it French, so we all got together and discussed our upcoming orals, like the good little IB students that we are.

Block three we just talked about Lord of the Flies and were given Macbeth to read over break. I can almost guarantee that I will be one of maybe four people who actually reads the book.

Block four we started ecology. I don't remember that class being too boring at all, but it was probably one of the most boring bio classes that we've had all year.

Block five we presented our current projects to each other. Minjee was admiring my public speaking skills, so I helped her come up with what to say about her piece. Eventually I became bored, having been the second person to present, so I wrote myself a note in my phone.

Mikhael and I played cards on the floor after school. People stared at my crinoline and not-quite-so-current art project on which I received one hundred percent.

We eventually bussed it to Eagle Ridge manor because I had a family dinner function there. Grandma had forgotten, and since it was dinner time there was no help to get her dressed and out of bed, so she employed me to help her dress. Kind of disturbing. It's one of those things that you wish you'd never have seen, or touched . . . Eventually help came and relieved me of my duties, and I went out to where Mikhael was saiting and twirled for some elderly ladies who then asked us about school and if we knew their grandchildren.

Eventually the cousins and parents etc arrived and Mikhael went home. We ate take out Hons and nanaimo bars, then I spent the next I don't know how long running after the cousins and they galloped through the manor.

~

Yesterday:

Mikhael came over and helped put up the tree and decorate it. It took quite a while, but we fed him twice and gave him a ride home, although it probably would have been faster if he had just bussed it.

~

Today:

Mom, Erin and I went shopping for Dad, then we came back and wrapped everything, drank a cup of tea, then left to visit dad's mom. We had an okay time there, Grandma's roommate Margaret is the sweetest, little woman who absolutely loved my crinoline.

Getting ready for bed and Santa :)
Blogger Sara mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

Tss. the real Santa comes at December 24 :P

7:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home