Monday, January 01, 2007

Fuck you, concept map

The last few days.

Saturday the 30th was my parent's anniversary. We went to the CN IMAX theatre in Canada Place and saw Polar Express 3D. The animation was amazing. Afterwards we did some window shopping to kill time, then we went to the Water Street Cafe. I love the Water Street Cafe. The food is amazing, it won't break the bank, and if one is really in need of entertainment, they can always look out the window and laugh at tourists obsessing over the steam clock. We ordered all of the specials, the soup of the day as one of our appetizers, tomato soup with caramelized onions and wild rice; we also ordered the smoked salmon and the rare ahi tuna in soy sesame sauce. Oh my god, the tuna was amazing. Mom ordered the fish of the day (ling cod wrapped in prosciutto with various vegetable on the side) and Erin ordered the pasta of the day (some sort of pasta noodle with stuffed portabello mushrooms and blue cheese cream sauce); I ordered linguine with smoked salmon and cream sauce and dad ordered linguine with prawns, then proceeded to bury it under a mound of pepper. We each ordered different desserts, Erin ordered the flourless double chocolate espresso cake, which was really good and I wish I had ordered it, mom ordered the sorbet and received raspberry and kiwi (I tried the raspberry, but not the kiwi), dad ordered strawberry and rhubarb compote wrapped in filo pastry and I ordered the cheesecake of the day, caramel and orange.

Went home after that; we were going to stop by my aunt's and pick up our Christmas presents, but we decided that it was too late in the evening.

Yesterday morning I woke up early and left for Mikhael's, not realizing that fifteen minutes after I left, my aunt and cousins would come and visit for the first time ever. Damn. Apparently Kenny would get ahold of the potato ornament, causing a few tense moments between her and Erin.

I spent yesterday sleeping off a headache and stomach ache. I suffered a bleeding nose near the end, which meant a race to wash my jeans a IB sweatshirt before midnight at Erin's. Doing laundry on New Years is the only thing my mom is superstitious about.

My New Years was unexciting. Erin was at a party, so we had to babysit her apartment and make sure that nobody set anything on fire in the park. We played cribbage, watched specials on CBC and drank sparkling white wine, probably not the best thing for me to do considering I felt like shit already, but it was only half a glass.

Happy New Year, I guess. No picture of Shirley Temple that scares Krisha this time. I still feel like shit, meaning I'm bitchy and irritable. Don't talk to me.

Post a Comment

<< Home