Sunday, January 14, 2007

Snickup

Choir
Only went on Monday. On Wednesday I didn't make it to school until just after block three started, and if there was a practice scheduled for Friday, I didn't hear about it and I was too busy pretending to look for Megan so we could practice our French oral.

Block One
On the first day we joked around, having not seen each other for two weeks. Everybody joined in, which was rare. The rest of the week was devoted to studying, in the library or the caf. On Friday we were in the caf taking a break with a couple games of big two and Sabot showed up and yelled at us for not studying for bio, we yelled back that we also had French orals and chem tests to study for, then proceeded to sit down and distract us for the rest of the block. Sabot has an awesome laugh.

Block Two
Talked the first day, Bellemare spent half an hour discussing his trip to Hawaii with us and completely avoiding our questions about the Canucks vs Florida Panthers game. The rest of the week was dedicated to reading La tête d'un homme and writing excerpts from old provincials and presenting orals. I was supposed to go Friday, but everything was shifted, so I am going tomorrow. I drew a picture on Friday instead of paying attention to orals; eventually I'll get Erin to scan it and then I will post it.

Block Three
We have signed up for our final commentaries; Hunnings says I'm brave for signing up in the Monday at five pm slot, but really it's the only time I can go. Hopefully I can finish it and also be on time for dance. I arrived late on Wednesday and for once Hunnings didn't notice, though I apologized to him later. Some woman was in the class that day, I don't think anybody knows who she was, although I only asked Krisha.

Block Four
The first half of the week was ecology, the last two days the animalia test. I think I did fairly well, other than wanting to beat my head against my desk because at the time I couldn't remember how grasshoppers respirate. Sabot gave us Rockets during Thursdays portion and Mikhael gave me his. The lab portion was on Friday, and although I don't necessarily like lab tests because one only has thirty seconds per question or two, the atmosphere is always very relaxed. Everyone received two bonus marks because Sabot's phone rang twice during class, and he kept on imitating people: Kara's sneeze, SUS's is cuter, and Omar. No Francis stare this time.

Block Five
Chalmers introduced a new project on Monday. Tuesday she was not around, so I played with my watercolour pencil crayons and created a title for my concept map; (which is done! If I ever see it again I'm going to rip it to pieces) Minjee helped because she didn't feel like doing anything else. The rest of the week was dedicated to glazing my last project; Mao hung around long after she finished her piece so we could bitch about people, meaning Francis, AJ, OMC, and Donna, always Donna.

Public Transit
...Takes an incredibly long time when there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground.

Dance
On Monday I must have been really tired because I screwed up more than usual. Maybe it was because I knew that Luke was watching me. I hate one-way glass. No dance on Wednesday due to Donna not being able to get out of her driveway. I was thrilled.

Yesterday
I woke up early, hopped on a bus and met Mikhael on the Coquitlam/PoCo border for sushi. The sushi place was closed when we got there, so we decided to waste some time at Michael's. Liz was working there, I hadn't seen her in a couple years. We went for sushi at the good sushi place, ordered Sushi Combo A and some other roll with tuna and green onions.

Bussed to Mikhael's, where I caught up on my sleep. I always dream a lot more at Mikhael's.

We eventually left for Bubble World. It wasn't very busy, I guess because most people order slushes and it was rather cold out. However, the sun was out so that side of the hill was warmer, so we ordered slushes, Mikhael, pineapple milk, and me, peach.







We went back to Mikhael's and watched cartoon and the Food Network.

I left earlier than usual and bussed it to as close to the theatre at Meadowtown as I could, then walked the rest. Met up with the family, and we watched Charlotte's Web. It was missing all of the good songs from the animated version.

We went to Boston Pizza after, because it was right there, and I nibbled on a piece of cheese toast and looked at the pictures in the drinks menu while my family ate a pizza. We were in the bar portion of the restaurant and sitting at a rather high table that, when we were standing next to it, made us all feel very short.

Dropped off some stuff at Erin's, then we all went home to watch Saturday Night Live.

Quote of the day:
Erin: "I hate that steeped woman on the Tim Horton's commercial."
Abby: "Yeah, she's trying so hard to be cool."
Mom: "Well obviously she doesn't know anything about Marilyn Manson."

Today
I cleaned my room, pleasing my mother. Half-assedly working on my desk.

~

A big, happy Thank You goes to the Maple Ridge firefighters at the No1 Firehall, for being the only people this side of the bridge to shovel and salt their sidewalks.
Blogger Sara mumbled, while downing a shot of tequila:

La tête d'un homme = The head of a boy? :P

8:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home