Saturday, February 17, 2007

The factors are looking at you 0_o

I honestly can't remember what I did last Sunday. When I remember, I'll post something about it.

This week: We had two assemblies, one about attitude and careers on Monday, one about course selection for grade twelve on Tuesday. This week I learned that I am going to a choir trip at the end of May. This school week was short, for which I am grateful. I was supposed to make a small presentation about my view on the privatization of health care in French, and I ended up rewriting mine the night before I presented it. By the end of the week I was so pissed at Rahemtulla telling my class how dumb we all are that I wrote a letter to him that he will never see; basically in it I tell him that he is an idiot. Didn't do much in TOK, but in history we spent a whole block talking about how Napoleon was incredibly stupid to think that he could capture Moscow. Mr Lehman keeps on pronouncing it wrong, which makes me want to yell, "there's no 'cow' in Moscow!" but I doubt I will. Eventually I will point it out to him. The week with Beckie has been lovely. She said something hilarious on Valentine's Day (that makes one of us, Beckie) and on Thursday we went to Starbucks. Shalaleh is so innocent. My right shoulder's been blah since practice on Monday, but I missed Wednesday's practice because I didn't want to get too muddy before dance, as it would raise questions. Lexi was at practice Thursday and at the end Monni showed up.

Today I met up with Mikhael and we went to the mall to buy me a dance costume. We weren't entirely successful, coming away with only pants, but I did buy booty shorts for my other dance, new stripey socks and a new bikini top. We bumped into Sergio and his girlfriend. I went to dance to practice with Luke and Thomas, but after doing it twice we decided that we were all perfect at it and to make any changes we would need Mao there. Mikhael and I went to the library so I could take out a couple books and pay my seventy cents in fines, then we went to visit my grandmother and bring her Valentines Day chocolate. When one of the nurses came in to bring her dinner she introduced us as "her grandchildren," (whatever, she wants to disown Garrett and her sister and adopt him anyway) then she bitched about the food until the nurse brought her food from "the ward next door" which looked marginally more appetizing. We then gossiped about the family, meaning the fact that Kendall has pneumonia (Erin babysat her on Thursday), how Auntie doesn't know what good parenting is, how wonderful Grandma Katie was, (Grandma, "You remember grandma?" Me: um, no, she died before I was born, Grandma."), and how Sharon isn't her sister anymore because she never calls (apparently she's in California with her new boyfriend. As Grandma says, "I knew it would be a white guy. She's had a Hindu and a Chinaman, and what's left? White men!" She's never been particularly politically correct.) She also made me try her coffee, so I would agree with her about how the coffee was, and although all I could taste was sugar, I agreed with her anyway. She seemed pleased when I told her that I'd be dancing at the manor next month.

We went to our respective homes after that, and after mom and dad picked up Erin, we played two games of crib, where Erin further proved that she can't count.(Abby: *puts down a three* "Three." Erin: *Quickly puts down a seven* "Eleven!") Dad and I won both games.

I think I'll read a bit before bed. I picked up Everything is Illuminated today at the library. Unfortunately the regular version was the the Porier branch, so I had to settle with the large-print version. (Abby, to Mikhael, "You know how small print gives some people headaches? Well large print gives me headaches." Erin later agreed). Erin is on her laptop in my room, and it looks like she hasn't gone to bed yet. We pulled out some of our picture and posters and things this evening (this place is starting to feel more home-like). We put the hotcakes picture in the kitchen, like it belongs, dad's baby picture (with the three curls on his head) in the parents' room, and in my room I have one of the Nitka prints (the blue one, and when I find the yellow one, probably that one too. Erin was kind of upset, but I reminded her that she has both Bedards) and the painting that Grandma B-J painted for me twelve years ago. Soon I will get Erin to print out some of my pictures (that, or convince mom to buy a photo printer, because they're becoming rather cheap nowadays) and I'll frame them and hang them all over my walls, just like Erin is slowly doing at her apartment.

That's enough. Bed now. Tomorrow I shall make another attempt at buying a shirt for dance.

Post a Comment

<< Home