Saturday, March 03, 2007

Shock Paste

My gosh, busybusybusy.

I just haven't had the time for dear old blog here. I don't really now, but I am determined to update my life, while simultaneously working in my history essay, my French oral and memorizing my French debate points. And . . . I can't find my page of debate points. Fuck. Where's my flashcard . . .

There, that's better. Anyway, I'm here to mention the important happenings in my life in the last two weeks. I wrote them in my journal. I'm good like that. Unfortunately, I didn't think of doing so until Thursday, so it will be fairly brief. Each day, I mean, not this post. If I get around to it, this post will have pictures.

I believe I'm starting on Tuesday of last week?

So, let's see. I woke up not feeling well, but I knew that if I told mom she would accuse me of wanting to stay home to miss my math test (when have I ever done that?), so I went to school. I became steadily worse throughout the day, wrote the bloody math test, and, despite having not much of an appetite, still managed to eat a lot. I distinctly remember sitting next to Krisha in History, because both Pepin and Omar weren't there, and neither was Emily, and eating beaucoup d'almonds. We had a few good moments right at the beginning of history:

Jenny: "I really, really like hot pot! It's so good!"
Krisha: "What's hot pot?"
Arnold: "You've never tried hot pot?"
Jenny: "Oh my god! It's so good!"
Abby: "Don't worry, Krisha, we'll go for hot pot sometime. Hey, you know what else is good? Cheese fondue."
Krisha: "I've never tried cheese fondue either."
Brian: "What? Trees are fun too?"

and

Krisha: "I wrote my whole essay last night."
Abby: "Would you like an almond?"
Krisha: "No, I haven't printed it out yet. Wait, what did you say?"

After school I sat out of practice, well, not really, rather, I hung out with MacKenzie, who was suffering from a rolled ankle, and Chelsea, who had had drywall dropped on her foot over the weekend, and we passed a ball around, me one-handed, for an hour and a half.

I look half-asleep on webcam.

Anyway, our practice went late, until 5:30, and mom and dad showed up out of nowhere to pick me up. We gave Mikhael a ride home, then went home ourselves, and by the time we got there, I full-out felt like shit. Here's a picture, taken just before I went to bed:



I remember sitting in front of the computer for a while, and drinking fizzy pear juice (the closest thing we have to both apple juice and ginger ale), then going to sleep for half an hour, waking up just in time to watch the Rick Mercer Report, 22 Minutes and House. I went to bed after.

Most of the other days won't be half as long.

So, the next day, I stayed home from school. After sleeping in until about . . . 11, I woke up feeling slightly better, but incredibly guilty for missing school. I had no appetite, so I didn't eat anything until over twenty-four hours after I had last eaten, and nothing after that, meaning I was very dizzy all day. Not good for dance. I left around two to go to rugby practice, but I was having problems with buses and waiting for trains, so I didn't get to school until four. I watched for a bit, with Chelsea, then left for dance. Mikhael had left me a cookie in our locker, but I didn't eat it until much later. Mao never showed up to dance, so instead Luke and Thomas danced their solos, and their duo, and tried to get me to dance my solo as well, but I was too dizzy. My journal tells me to insert a rant here, but I've ranted to enough people.

I don't remember Thursday being particularly exciting in the morning, but I do know I complained a lot, of my new bag. Until my shoulder is healed, I have switched to something smaller, that I can wear across my body and on the other shoulder. I'm not particularly liking it, I prefer my giant duffel, because I can't fit much in the smaller one. Anyway, to the exciting stuff. We had our first rugby game. I was designated chief stick picker upper, then I took pictures until my camera died. Here are some of them:



Maricia's ass, heehee










We won, 64 - 0.

School wasn't particularly exciting on Friday either. After, Mikhael and I decided that we wanted to go see a movie, but there were no matinees at Eagle Ridge, and we didn't feel like going to SilverCity, so we ended up watching cartoons at the mall. We actually got a ride there, from Mikhael's dad and brother, who were at Burger King. It marks the second time I have ever set foot in a Burger King, and the first time since I was four. We bought Pocky at TnT

Mikhael came over on Saturday, and we left of the clinic nearby, but it was closed, due to the head doctor having sexual assault charges against him. We bussed to Coquitlam Station, where we called Pro Stock, and found out that they were closing in less than two hours (actually they were wrong: it was three), so we rushed as fast as we could to Burnaby, it taking two buses and a skytrain. We bought shoulder pads. After we decided that there was no way that I was going to make it to a clinic, so I had a quick lunch at Metro, then we made our way home.

On Sunday I finally went to a clinic. The doctor said that it was either the muscle, then I could start playing again when the pain stopped in a couple weeks, or my shoulder blade was fractured, and gave me a free x-ray voucher. Afterwards my family went to the Chan for another CBC Radio concert, called, "Tour de France." I read a book like I always do. We went to the Red Onion after.

It snowed on Monday. Ew. There was a lack of rugby as a result, as the boys were practicing in the gym. I stayed to watch. I didn't go to dance because I didn't feel like it (insert Scissor Sisters here).

In TOK we watched a documentary on the Milgrim Experiment. Oooo, scary. Tuesday after school I was x-rayed. Dad was supposed to pick me up after school and take me there, but he never showed up, so eventually I took the bus. There wasn't much of a wait there, and soon I made it from the waiting area to the inner waiting area. Two other girls and their respective family members came as well. The woman who called us in looked at the x-ray sheet things of the first two, then asked them if they had anything wrapped around their ankles, then looked at mine, grabbed one of those tie-at-the-back hospital robes and directed me to a changeroom. Then I hung out with the families of the two other girls and we discussed dancing and rugby. Good company. Eventually I went in, and the woman positioning me kept on poking me in the injured area. She decided that she didn't like her last x-ray, so we had to repeat it two more times. I changed back, went to the waiting area, looked outside and noticed mom and dad in the van, looking for a place to park, so I ran after them and stopped them before they went around the block again. I should have my results by Monday.

I spent most of Wednesday high on painkillers, making me . . . more energetic and giggly than usual. We had a choir competition thing, so this wasn't necessarily a good thing, because I had to stand for a long time in heels. When we were in the warmup room, I hung out with Karolina, Katherine, Abby and Natasha, where we complained about how hungry we were (I didn't get to eat until block four), and also about how Hannah would shut up with her damn flute playing and how we know flautists who are much better. After watching my team practice in the snow, my feet were very cold, I went to dance. Pretty much anything the Boys' said was funny to me, which confused Donna I think, because I never smile in class. When I got home I did homework. That can be said for every other day here.

Thursday . . . My notes tell me to mention the Appearance of the Fly in TOK. There was a fly. It appeared. It scared Maya and Vivian. Vivian screamed and leaned away from the fly. Onto my right shoulder. It hurt. Um, let's see, what else. Right, I have finally figured out why Rahemtulla is so bloody weird (and from now on he shall be known as Anal, because I don't like having to type his name all the time). He actually likes The Sound of Music. Yeah, We were all disgusted too. Watched more Rugby-in-the-Snow, then went home. The boys won their game, as far as I know.

Yesterday. I remember being in a relatively good mood, except the lack of computers in block four, until block five, when Lehman gave us a lecture for most of the block about how REAL IB students don't talk in class, which I found a little insulting (that he was generalizing) because I really don't talk very much in class at all, and even then I can talk and work at the same time. Because he was lecturing us, we couldn't work, and I didn't get to finish my imperialism package, which I had wanted to finish that block. On top of that, he kept us three minutes after class, because he was talking about something, and I missed my bus by abut ten seconds, even though I sprinted down the hill. Knowing I had subsequently missed my other bus, I went over to Mikhael's.

Today I have dance, but I don't want to go. I have too much to do. If Mao doesn't show up, I don't care if we are not allowed to fight, I'll insist that she should be kicked out of the group.

I have to go, so pictures will be added when I get home.

Post a Comment

<< Home